Asus M2NE SLi Deluxe - broken?

oscaryu1

VIP Member
if you send me your email address, i will send you some picture of my system.

PM him, don't post it.

Make sure also that you did not get thermal paste on your motherboard or CPU, since thermal paste (most anyways) contain small elements of electricity-conducting silver. This can cause a short int he CPU/Mobo and maybe even cause it to short out. Look for liquidy white stuff as cheap paste and look for gummy gray for AS5

jdkredsox

I have the AS5 and there isn't any on the motherboard. Good idea, though. I never would have thought to look for that.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Did you start with the basic components? You have not responded to that question. Do as your first post sentence said. Take out the phirphels and hold the power button. the button may be sticky/broken. or touch the 2 power pins together with something metal.

jdkredsox

I tried it all again and still no luck. I also checked the power button on the case and it started my old P4 motherboard just fine. I think I'm just going to RMA the motherboard. Do you think I should send back the CPU as well? I'm afraid if I don't, by the time I get the new board, I'll find that the CPU is defective and the RMA period for it will have ended by then. Anyway, thanks for all the help.

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Yes RMA both of them. just to make sure. but on some warranty terms you have to pay the return shippipng, restocking fee, and other fees