asus m2v?

crackfeen

i'm building a pretty cheap rig, do you guys think that ASUS M2V Socket AM2 VIA K8T890 is a good board?
or rather do you guys know it or have any experience with it? because as far as i see it, the board has everything i want but newegg reviews have about half and half people who love it and hate it, so i figured i'd ask someone who knows stuff.
also, if you have any other boards you want to suggest i'm very open to suggestions.
thanks for the info

MusicNutt

i'm building a pretty cheap rig, do you guys think that ASUS M2V Socket AM2 VIA K8T890 is a good board?
or rather do you guys know it or have any experience with it? because as far as i see it, the board has everything i want but newegg reviews have about half and half people who love it and hate it, so i figured i'd ask someone who knows stuff.
also, if you have any other boards you want to suggest i'm very open to suggestions.
thanks for the info
Trying to find a MB with more than 3 pci slots is becoming a real chore these days. Gigabyte does but I've had more luck with Asus so I'm taking my chances on the M2V and crossing my fingers. Everything is going SLI which I don't need either. I've been 'digging' for info on this particular MB and am not finding much about it nearly anywhere from actual owners. Oh ya, some owners are having problems with the onboard sound and I haven't seen a resolution for that yet.

Beware of Asus website as I've just recently read at PCPER.com that its hacked, infected and spreading viruses. Any links you might find to anything relevent about it I'd appreciate too. What I have found is a few quirks. It won't boot from a Sata Drive but it will run Sata drives as long as you're booting from a Pata drive. I haven't determined if that's a chipset issue or Bios issue since Asus hasn't updated their compatibility charts since July. That and I'm not a super geek to figure that out myself.

I want to run a Plextor PX-755SA SATA dvd-rw on it and as long as I use a Pata HD to boot from it'll work according to Plextor.

That's about the extent of what I know to date. In a few weeks I should know more since my order of an M2V is in transit.

MusicNutt <><