Asus P5n32-Sli Deluxe Serious problem

ervinj5

Okay how is everyone doing i notice that my computer was going into cpu usage 100% freezing up and everything so i did everything i could stop the service stop auto update and nothing would help so i thought maybe its this weak processor i have which was a celeron processor 3.60 ghz so i took it out put in my Pentium 4 processor 3.00 to see would that fix the problem but when i cut the computer back on seem like it started to work harder than before it come even get to the desktop it cut off and then i cut it back on then it gave the screen a greenish look so i took it out but the old processor back in no green but its also is cutting off what did i do wrong here the other processor came out my other custom bulit cpu and it also is a 775 processor. can someone help me out

Take everything apart, dust it off, and put it back together. I have had some cpu freezing problems like that and it is pretty easy to fix.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When you change out processors you need to clean off the old thermal compound and apply new as you probably aren't making good connection between heatsink and processor right now. What process was using all your cpu usage? This problem is usually software related, could be malware related as well.

ervinj5

well i know it aint malware tried that just but vista on the cpu are you say to just give it time for the heatsink to get use to it

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
No, I'm not saying it needs to get used to it. You need clean off the old thermal paste and put new on, you just can't switch processors and not do that.