ASUS P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe ....water cooling?

Cerberus

I read that this mobo tends to get very warm and needs a great case with good ventilation/cooling. What kind of cooling fans/setup should I run to keep things as cool as possible? If I need water cooling would something like a Zalman Reserator work?

I will run this board with an E6700(no overclocking intentions) and a 7900GTX in an X-Discovery Midtower case.

TheChef

As long as you get a quality case with good airflow, Thermaltake, Cooler Master, etc. you should be fine. If you go water cooling the resorator would work, but making your own WC system will almost always yeild better results, for a tad more money.

Cerberus

Thanks!

Can you recommend any water cooling guides/faqs? I'll stick with the fans and just monitor temps for now but I want to be prepared for anything.

Cerberus

Oh, I'm well aware of Google. I was just asking if you liked any specific guides in particular. Some are better than others.;)

tommycompton

get a north bridge cooler, and mount a fan on your case door panel and you should be fine. good cable management will aslo help to keep your mobo temps down. just because you watercool dosen't mean you should neglect your regular case fans.

34erd

If your not going to be overclocking or dont need an ultra-silent system though, dont bother with watercooling.

Cerberus

34erd said:
If your not going to be overclocking or dont need an ultra-silent system though, dont bother with watercooling.

That's what I figured but someone in another forum said this:

"Good luck with the NForce4 chipset. You may want liquid cooling just for that. I had to install Northbridge and Southbridge fans just to keep the system stable for longer than 6 minutes at a time. With a 120mm CPU fan, and two high RPM chipset fans, the board still runs around 105 degrees idle, upwards of 110 when the CPU is under load. My buddy with the same CPU (who sprung for the 955x chipset) sees 78 degree temps at idle. I'm switching to an Intel chipset this fall."

It just made me wonder.