Asus P5Q Pro.......

Karlos1981

I want to set up a budget gaming rig, is this board worth getting i hear nothing but good things and that its an overclockers dream.

I want to put a 4870 and a E8400 on it.

cohen

Yes, that is a very good board, and i recommend it for a lot of builds, you can get a better one, what is your budget as far a motherboard goes???

Karlos1981

I was going to get an x48 but ive seen the benchmarks and it isnt as impressive as i thought. Even in sli/crossfire the difference between an x48 and p45 isnt that great.

However if i was to come accross an x48 sub $230 us i may consider it.

Adam135

How does your system perform? you kind of have a setup im looking at getting. Im going 4870 or 4850x2 on the Pro with either a E8400 or a Q6600.

Performs very well indeed. OC if you decide to do it good. No problems with it. It has some very cool features like Express Gate - alot of cool apps come along with it. Far better than my Abit board (Mind you that was 939).

survivor

so ebuyer is basically ebay? I guess I am just looking for the best prices for a new home non gaming build.More interested in Intel.

Adam135

No no no, ebuyer is a UK based company it is no way conected with eBay. Amazing prices (For the UK)

Karlos1981

Performs very well indeed. OC if you decide to do it good. No problems with it. It has some very cool features like Express Gate - alot of cool apps come along with it. Far better than my Abit board (Mind you that was 939).

Can you whack up any benches?

As i want the same chip, board and gpu. lol.