Asus Radeon Ax 800pro or Evga Geforce 6800gt?

vanp1992

This is very troubling to me because i been to many sites and none of em give me good results of the comparrison. :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hands down the 6800GT for three reasons:
1. Even if you're an ATi fan, you get at LEAST comparable performance from the nVidia card -- at a lower price

2. The 6800GT is a downclocked 6800Ultra with all the features in tact, the X800Pro is a crippled X800XT which is a crippled X800XT Plat or whatever they call their top end one

3. 6800GT has 12 pipelines, the X800Pro as 8. Case closed :p

4. Im not much for benchmarks but if you're into that kinda stuff, nVidia is the route to go for this generation of video cards

vanp1992

CAn anyone give me a link for what the media cd of the Asus v9999 Ultra Geforce 6800 is? Because finding it really pisses me off.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Some games, some demos some util, prolly a player... Translation: stupid shit you prolly wont (and prolly shouldnt) use. :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is stupid :p To answer your qestion...
v9999ultra_m.jpg

No mermaid, no warrior chick no nothin

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but anyway The Mermaid or the warrior woaman?
There's a question mark... .but whats the question. Either way this thread is seriously rambling along (hint hint)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Alright I'm seriously confused with reading this thread so first things first.

Praetor is wrong with both the cards specs concerning the pipelines

6800 GT = 16 pipelines
X800 Pro = 12 pipelines

I dont mean to offend but wanted to point this error out ;-)..

Now Vanp1992 I'm just guessing here but I'm assumine when you ask about the mermaid or the warrior woman then your asking still wether it's best to buy and X800 (ATI card) or the 6800 (Nvidia card) because those pictures are cards made by two very different companys and I believe that Praetor already suggested the 6800GT over the X800 line already so all your basicly doing is asking the same question or else your confused and think that those pictures are both Nvidia's 6800 cards which they are not.

Again not to offend anyone but I just wanted to point this out that the pipelines suggested previously where incorrect and that the pictures are of two totaly diff. cards.

Now I've been an ATi fan for awhile but I'd also suggest the Nvidia 6800GT :).

Nvidia 6800GT = 16 pipes
Nvidia 6800UT = 16 pipes

ATi X800Pro = 12 Pipes
ATi X800XT = 16 pipes

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
I'm just not sure whether I was clear or not with the pictures and my spelling is weak ;-).

Warrior Woman = ATi X800 card (not sure if it where pro or not)

Mermaid Woman = Nvidia 6800 card (Not sure if it was GT or not)

Anyhow I suggest you read up on both because both have advantages over the other but in raw power the 6800GT is the way to go ;-)..

Also I did want to mention that you can get the 6800 series in a 12 pipe version (NOT GT) and also get the X800 (NONE PRO) in 8 pipes so perhaps you confused those with the GT and the Pro cards Praetor.

Again I just wanted to point out the error and did not mean to offend anyone.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Also I did want to mention that you can get the 6800 series in a 12 pipe version (NOT GT) and also get the X800 (NONE PRO) in 8 pipes so perhaps you confused those with the GT and the Pro cards Praetor.
- X800 = X800Pro. There is no "X800" per se unless you are using "X800" to refer to the entire class of cards which includes (X800Pro, X800XT, X800XT Platinum) ... the X800Pro has 8 pipes.
- Which make of the 6800 (which, by definition means "6800") has 12 pipes on it? :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yes I was using saying x800 meaning the class of GPU's ;-) I guess this was my mistake because what I meant was the X600 XT which is a PCI Express card.

Could you please send me a link to these X800Pro's with 8 pipes? and also a link to the 12 pipe GT's so as I can see for myself as to what your talking about. Please :).

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Just another thing. I noticed in your last post you mention the 6800 which has 12pipes but I was reffering to your earlier post where it's mentioned that the 6800GT was the one with the 12 pipes unless I missunderstood? but still the X800 pro still has 12 pipes ;-). You can actualy flash the Vivo's bios's with the XT bios and enable all 16 pipes which some have had luck where others screwed up the card.

These are the cards I'm talking about

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_6800.html (6800GT)
http://www.visiontek.com/x800pro.html (X800Pro)

If you visit those links you'll find the 12pipe X800Pro that I've been reffering too as well as the 16 pipeGT that I've been reffering too.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Blue said:
Could you please send me a link to these X800Pro's with 8 pipes? and also a link to the 12 pipe GT's so as I can see for myself as to what your talking about. Please :).
What the hell are you asking me for??? You told me that such cards are buyable:
Blue said:
Also I did want to mention that you can get the 6800 series in a 12 pipe version (NOT GT) and also get the X800 (NONE PRO) in 8 pipes so perhaps you confused those with the GT and the Pro cards Praetor
At which point I asked you to provide such links:
Me said:
Which make of the 6800 (which, by definition means "6800") has 12 pipes on it?

If you visit those links you'll find the 12pipe X800Pro that I've been reffering too as well as the 16 pipeGT that I've been reffering too.
Trippy... very interesting.... seems like both ATI and nVidia upped the ante .... i recall hearing that the X800Pro and the 6800 were slated for 8 pipes, the X800XT and 6800GT for 12 pipes and the X800XT Plat and 6800Ultra for 16 pipes... glad to hear they've changed it

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Yes so am I :) As my eVGA 6800GT with 16 Pipes will be in on Thursday along with the rest of my new system :). Kinda excited to instal doom3 all over again :)..

Just wanted to mention that my use of forums are weak and so the quote functions and such is not my strengh.
But to answer your Question "What the hell are you asking me for??? You told me that such cards are buyable"
I was wondering if you had links to such cards because I figured that perhaps there could have been versions of both which could be causing confusion, I'm always happy to admit that i'm wrong and wanted links to such cards to further educate myself on the subject.

Thank you for taking the time to visit the links I posted so that I was able to get my point across :).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
"What the hell are you asking me for??? You told me that such cards are buyable"
I was wondering if you had links to such cards because I figured that perhaps there could have been versions of both which could be causing confusion, I'm always happy to admit that i'm wrong and wanted links to such cards to further educate myself on the subject.
LOL ok that makes a lot more sense now :p If you read it back it seems that you're saying something and then asking me about it :p

The confusion from my end mostly arose from the misinformation that the X800Pro/6800s came as 8/12 pipe cards. The 8 pipes are now covered by the nVidia 6600 series cards (without any ATi counterpart)