Asus V.S Gigabyte

tech savvy

Ive owned several, and none of the gigabyte boards seem to have any control over fanspeed. Thats why im going with asus this time around.

Yeah, my MoBo (EVGA Z68) didnt come with any kind of fan speed control either. But the case I got (Corsair 650D) has built in fan control, low, mid, high, nothing fancy.

Jamebonds1

Ive owned several, and none of the gigabyte boards seem to have any control over fanspeed. Thats why im going with asus this time around.

Or you can getting fan controller 5.25" bay. Just like i have knot on my fan controller. Easy.

Also take look at this motherboard. http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4046#ov It is gaming and high end motherboard. it have 5 smart fan controller. That mean you can just adj a range of temp and RPM(Speed fan). My motherboard have one smart fan. Like I set range. If my CPU is 13 C, that will be 56% speed fan. If my cpu is 30 C, that will be 100% speed fan.

More important. Don't just read detail from newegg on motherboard. I always read detail from newegg then Gigabyte's website.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Fan controllers in a drive bay are pretty cool. Had a NZXT in mine for awhile, but sold it in a build i did.

FuryRosewood

i dont want something that 'looks' cool or has to be interacted with, i just want the board to manage the fans, and leave it as that, im probably going to replace all the tri cool fans which have rheos on them with 3 pin fans and be done with it, the wire managing of the fans is kinda annoying too...but yea, i want synced fans without having to bother with em, a rheostat wont do that sittin on the front of the computer

Jamebonds1

i dont want something that 'looks' cool or has to be interacted with, i just want the board to manage the fans, and leave it as that, im probably going to replace all the tri cool fans which have rheos on them with 3 pin fans and be done with it, the wire managing of the fans is kinda annoying too...but yea, i want synced fans without having to bother with em, a rheostat wont do that sittin on the front of the computer

There is highly chance of digital fan controller would be bug and error. So I'm stick to analog fan controller. One time i have cheap digital fan controller NZXT but it is not work very well. It has bug. It wouldn't same on line of speed fan.

prithive

Ok..My budget for motherboard is 120$....Pls dont suggest MSI...MSI gives me bad experience on X79 board. The mobo is not stable for editing purpose...