Asus worst-ever support

idelphes

Asus has the worst after-sales customer support in the history of customer support. Do yourself a favor and test it yourself BEFORE buying. You'll see.

tech savvy

Asus has the worst after-sales customer support in the history of customer support. Do yourself a favor and test it yourself BEFORE buying. You'll see.

You know you just made me waste brain cells reading this pointless thread? Just because you had bad experience doesn't mean other people did/will. Oh, it's kinda hard to try a product BEFORE buying.

cwizardtx

Asus customer support has gone down hill in the last few years.

I'm an ASUS Reseller and I can attest to their lack of tangible support. It's even more frustrating for me as I am the technician in the field trying to mediate support for my clients.

The best solution is to try and work with an individual who will provide that middle layer of support for you so you don't have to deal with the manufacturer on the back end.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I'm an ASUS Reseller and I can attest to their lack of tangible support. It's even more frustrating for me as I am the technician in the field trying to mediate support for my clients.

The best solution is to try and work with an individual who will provide that middle layer of support for you so you don't have to deal with the manufacturer on the back end.

Agreed. Dont know what happen really. Up untill like about around 2009 they were very informative and helpfull. Then it was like some didnt even understand what you were talking about or could not even understand your problem and the RMA time started taking forever. Havent bought anything but Gigabyte for a couple of years now, with a few MSI in there from time to time.

Last edited:
I agree. The support is why I never reccomend Asus boards. But I have heard good things about support on other things like tablets.

Last edited:

wbt50

When I contacted them about a bad board, all I got was a reply stating it was knackered and told me to return it to the retailer. Wasn't helpful at all, and the English was awful, it was barely readable.

CrazyMike

Flip an opinion here, lol

I have an Asus P5K SE motherboard. I believe it was last year (stranglehold i think you helped me out with this) I bricked my BIOS chip. My run in with Asus was awesome. I got on the phone with them, was on hold for 10 minutes, quickly ordered up a new BIOS chip. Within 3 business days, it was in my board.

Not sure if this would be included into "support", but i didn't mind it. As well as i do love Asus products on their own. This board is, i believe, 8 years old and works pretty good. I just bought an Asus GTX660 Ti video card that i'm in love with. My next board (ordering it here right away) will be another Asus board. Not because i think Asus is the best of the best, it's because in the past, Asus has proven myself no wrong.

But then again, maybe i just got a horseshoe up my ......

StrangleHold

Staff member
I remember that. Your problem was alittle more straight forward. Needed a bios chip ordered one and got it. If your having a problem with a board going through the RMA process its alittle more problematic. Now the quality of the boards are fine and Asus boards are as good as Gigabyte as in quality.

Laquer Head

I've had both good and bad experiences with Asus support.

I believe it is like most companies where you can get a good support rep, or a bad support rep and the overall experience can be worlds apart.

Unfortunately, as the customer, when you have an issue you are most likely already frustrated, upset, feeling ripped off etc.. before you even reach out for support.

A poorly trained, inexperienced, or flat-out indifferent support rep can easily sour even the most easy-going consumer.

I firmly believe in Asus products and quality, despite the few issues I've had over the years--but that being said, I'm not ignorant to the fact that even the best of companies can make lousey or defective products.

regarding the OP of this thread however...your generic, useless post hating on a company because of a supposed issue and not giving any real details makes you come off like a bit of douche..

..just sayin'..