Asus Z54C laptop charging port ?

celina728

I have an Asus Z54C that has a bad charging port. I have replaced the charger but has gotten to the point where you have to wiggle the cord and hold it in to get it to charge. From research the port is bad. I don't use the laptop on the go, just at home when I'm watching tv. Is there any way to direct wire the charging cord into the laptop ? Don't really have the $$ to get a new one and to have it repaired at shop it would cost $ 150 and up. Don't want a small tablet because my eye site is not that great.

Thanks

Punk

Staff member
I have an Asus Z54C that has a bad charging port. I have replaced the charger but has gotten to the point where you have to wiggle the cord and hold it in to get it to charge. From research the port is bad. I don't use the laptop on the go, just at home when I'm watching tv. Is there any way to direct wire the charging cord into the laptop ? Don't really have the $$ to get a new one and to have it repaired at shop it would cost $ 150 and up. Don't want a small tablet because my eye site is not that great.

Thanks

Are you still under warranty. My GF's laptop had the same problem and we sent it at their expenses and they changed the port thanks to the warranty.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
The DC jack on the laptop is bad and needs to be replaced. Normally they are soldered to the board.