Asus Zenbook vs Lenovo Ideapad 710S

ScreZ

Hey

I currently am looking into buying a new laptop for university. I want an ultrabook with a mix of good battery life and high performance for under 1000€. I play games from time to time but nothing too crazy, mostly League of Legends and such. Also, I am located in Germany if that helps.

So far I have narrowed down my list to the Asus Zenbook UX310UQ Campus edition and the Lenovo Ideapad 710S. I, however, cannot decide which one is better. They are both almost equally priced at around 800€.

Asus Zenbook UX310UQ Campus edition
Display: 33.8 cm (13.3") Full-HD WideView Matte (1920 x 1080),
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7200U DualCore (2.50 - 3.10 GHz),
Storage: 512GB SSD SATA,
RAM: 8GB RAM DDR4,
GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® 940MX 2GB DDR3

Lenovo Ideapad 710S
Display: 33.8cm (13.3") Full-HD Anti-Glare (1920 x 1080),
CPU: Intel Core i5-6260U, 1,8 GHz - 2,9 GHz, 4 MB Intel Smart Cache
Storage: 512GB SSD PCIe,
RAM: 8GB RAM DDR3,
GPU: Intel Iris Graphics 540

The Zenbook looks arguably better, has a newer CPU, DDR4 RAM and a dedicated GPU (does that affect battery life noticably?).
The Lenovo is lighter, thinner, has a way way faster Storage due to PCIe.
As for battery life, I have no idea.. I believe they are said to last for around 10 hours with one charge.

What would you pick? How were your experiences with Asus and Lenovo?

I would get which one you prefer by design, and I would give a little extra to the lenovo, as it has a faster storage. You don't really need what Asus has to offer.
For battery life though I would look in a Macbook 12" or a Macbook air ( second hand ) you could get the air from 2015 ( still the latest) for that price and I think it would be better for college.