Athlon XP 2800 And 3200

Rambo

Ok, so I was wondering whether I would get a noticeable amount of performance between these two processors. I don't suppose anyone would be able to advise me?

Thanks.

Rambo

ericvonzipper said:
If you haven't found this yet,

www23.tomshardware.com

So it depends on what for, games or applications

Well, recording audio and a little bit of gamin (not alot) and some word processing.

Rambo

I just thought, if I'm going to be recording music and playing a small amount of games and word processing, am I going to see a noticeable difference between them?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Well I have a 3000 and a 3200 and I can tell a little difference, but I think most of it is the 3200 is a 400fsb and the 3000 is a 333, you will see a difference but it depends on how much you have to spend on it for the bang!!

Camper

I'm not a big fan of my 2800 it runs hot and I think it's a little slow compared to other the sepron 2800 for socket 754.

ericvonzipper

I am far from an expert but my observation is that the newer 64 class is running faster at the cpu ghz of the XP's. If the price of those 2 cpu's are close, get the 3200 or down the road you may wish you had.,But at least max out the limitation of the mobo. And the XP series doe run warm, I have the vent closed in my computer room, my pc warms the room up just fine. If given the choice and had the money, I'd of got the barebones 3700 off tigerdirect.