Athlon XP or Sempron

Spitt

What should I buy? Athlon XP 2400+ or Sempron 2400? MB support Athlon XP 2400+ at most. Is Sempron fully compatibile?

robina_80

yeah m8,
the amd semprons are the low cost end of the cpu market like the intels celrons, but yeah the athlon xps are much better and cost virtually the same, the semprons are taking the places of durons, so yeah go 4 the xp much better,but if i was u i am going to buy athlon 64 because sooner or later the athlon xps are going to be replaced by the a64 but that wont happen for months years.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
What should I buy? Athlon XP 2400+ or Sempron 2400? MB support Athlon XP 2400+ at most. Is Sempron fully compatibile?
1. What is the mobo
2. Hard to say, i'd prolly go Sempron because (a) same L2 cache, (b) cheaper (c) the AthlonXP-2400 has been discontinued

the athlon xps are going to be replaced by the a64 but that wont happen for months years.
They've been phased out already.

the amd semprons are the low cost end of the cpu market like the intels celrons, but yeah the athlon xps are much better and cost virtually the same, the semprons are taking the places of durons, so yeah go 4 the xp much better
When you give advice -- make sure you know what you're talking about