ATi 4890 or 2 XFX GTS 250 Run in SLI?

FairDoos

Ok i need everyone's expertise on this. What should i have? One ATi 4890 or should i run 2 XFX GTS 250's in SLI?

Thanks hope you can help :)

FairDoos

Just some extra information, I am going to be gaming with which ever one you recommend and also i have a price budget of £200 if you wish to find me a better option =]

Leopold Butters

Anyone else shed some light on this situation?

I think it is for gaming that not all games support dual GPUs or do not benifit from them. Something like that, so if you have one powerful GPU then that is better than 2 less powerful gpus together. so the 4890 is the best way to go. Someone correct me if i am wrong please.

FairDoos

I think it is for gaming that not all games support dual GPUs or do not benifit from them. Something like that, so if you have one powerful GPU then that is better than 2 less powerful gpus together. so the 4890 is the best way to go. Someone correct me if i am wrong please.

Hmm i see where your coming from ive not heard of a game not suppoting dual-GPU's though? Yer i might just get the ATi 4890 thanks again for help :)

lovely?

there are games that do not fully support/do not scale well with SLI. i would go for the 4890 and OC it.

Bodaggit23

I think it's more a matter of cost.

A single high end card will play any game you want, and will satisfy most people.

The second card does not add twice the performance or framerate, so I don't see the need.

To me SLI is more about bragging rights than playability. I can't name a single game on the
market today that NEEDS more than a single high end card.

FairDoos

A single high end card will play any game you want, and will satisfy most people.

The second card does not add twice the performance or framerate, so I don't see the need.

To me SLI is more about bragging rights than playability. I can't name a single game on the

I actually see where your coming from and i think your right haha

ATi 4890 it is :)

smoothjk

100% agree. You will be able to run every game well with the 4890 (and leave open the possibility of future Crossfire when the price comes down).

BTW, I hope you have a good PSU waiting for you. Even the single 4890 will need a decent one.

FairDoos

100% agree. You will be able to run every game well with the 4890 (and leave open the possibility of future Crossfire when the price comes down).

BTW, I hope you have a good PSU waiting for you. Even the single 4890 will need a decent one.

Good :) And atm i have a Coolermaster 650Watt i think that should do the trick?