ATI Diamond HD 4850...cooling temp

vzfox

I have the ATI Radeon Diamond HD 4850 video card. With the stock fan, it runs at a temp of 65c and up to 72c when gaming. GPU clock setting 625Mhz, Memory Clock setting 990Mhz. Are these settings correct for my system and is the temp of it at a good safe temp? Is there another fan that someone can recommend that will fit my card and keep it cooler if needed? thanx :)

HP Pavilion a1700n
575w power supply
3.0 gig DDR2 RAM

JLuchinski

That sounds a little high, when I had a 4870 it would idle at 50c and go up to around 65c to 68c when gaming. Have you ever dusted it or replaced the thermal paste? It's not that hard to do and usually is a cheap easy fix. What's the airflow like in your case?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I have the Zalman VF1000 on my 4890 and it cools it alright. With the fan all the way down it idles at like 50-60C. I turn the fan to max when I game which yields a max temp of around 70C. All temps are taken with ambient temperature of about 80F.

vzfox

My 4850 isnt running to much over what you both have stated, so I am going to guess that it is running at a fairly normal temp. My other question was the overdrive settings....as stated above, do you think the settings are correct for my machine and online gaming?

salvage-this

My XFX 4850 runs is about the same temps with the same clock speeds. A while ago I took it apart and cleaned it and re applied the thermal paste. Might be worth a shot.