ATI HD2000 series cards

Geoff

VIP Member
I have the HD2900XT and love it, it's a great card and offers alot that the 8 series doesnt.

Monoxide

I read review in game informer that you should stick with the nivida dx10 version. the ati hd series has some bugs and you should get better performance with the nvidia model.

ETSA

ATI allows for amazing game graphics along with additional features that Nvidia does not offer, they are behind the curve in all other features other than catering to benchmarking fanboy's..

chupacabra

ATI allows for amazing game graphics along with additional features that Nvidia does not offer, they are behind the curve in all other features other than catering to benchmarking fanboy's..

And the features are? all of you recommending the 2900 have been saying features but you can't even mention one?

wafflez

=/ you two are ati fanboys, seriously...They're both video cards, but the 8 series is faster, period. Etsa's simply frustrated because he paid too much for a card with lower benchmarks than the 8800s...and all cards can encode videos kof >_>.

EDIT: VIDEO CARD BATTLE GO! taylor, monoxide, alpine, and chupacabra are on my team =3.

Last edited:

PC eye

banned

The early reviews placed the 2000 series above the 8800 lineup. For simply seeing faster frame rates in games then stick with NVidia. For the best image quality ATI stands out there. But one problem remains is the faster turnover and dropoff of driver support. That's ATI's own fault there now probably seeing correction with AMD as the new owner. AMD will support their products far longer with archives at least. :D

ETSA

Why would try to prove something I already know, and could care less if you waste your money on or not...

kof2000

=/ you two are ati fanboys, seriously...They're both video cards, but the 8 series is faster, period. Etsa's simply frustrated because he paid too much for a card with lower benchmarks than the 8800s...and all cards can encode videos kof >_>.

EDIT: VIDEO CARD BATTLE GO! taylor, monoxide, alpine, and chupacabra are on my team =3.

+1

wafflez

Why would try to prove something I already know, and could care less if you waste your money on or not...

Your words sound like the ones of someone who just lied and can't back themselves up =/
Your sentence makes little to no sense and when did 'me wasting my money' come into play :confused:

Whatever the case, just stop trying.

The early reviews placed the 2000 series above the 8800 lineup. For simply seeing faster frame rates in games then stick with NVidia. For the best image quality ATI stands out there. But one problem remains is the faster turnover and dropoff of driver support. That's ATI's own fault there now probably seeing correction with AMD as the new owner. AMD will support their products far longer with archives at least. :D

How do you have faster frame rates and then higher image quality? I like Nvidia way better than ATI, this was my first ATI and probably my last, unless they have some big break-through.

kof2000

faster frame rates in games and default image quality like when you browse pictures and stuff. of course you can user change the colors even with nvidia cards, just takes some time to get the right colors.

PC eye

banned
NVidia has had a lead in gaming cards for some time now. ATI has the image quality over performance going for them. Their desktop menagement for multiple displays is another thing there with the Catalyst. But that has been known to cause problems with gaming at times.

For the strictly gaming machine most will go for the latest NVidia "bells+whistles" while some still favor cards with ATI chips on them. Fpr things other then gaming like kof2000 reflected on ATI seems to maintain a good rep for that.

NVidia has had a lead in gaming cards for some time now. ATI has the image quality over performance going for them. Their desktop menagement for multiple displays is another thing there with the Catalyst. But that has been known to cause problems with gaming at times.

For the strictly gaming machine most will go for the latest NVidia "bells+whistles" while some still favor cards with ATI chips on them. Fpr things other then gaming like kof2000 reflected on ATI seems to maintain a good rep for that.

If I was building a graphic machine for photo editing, etc. I would just get a Quadro.

TheOrangeDude

oh great another thread about Nvidia vs Ati :(. And now I'm more confuse on what to do with my RMA'd sapphire 2900xt. Should I exchange for a brand new 2900xt or should I add a 100 bucks and get the 8800 ultra from evga that is on NCIX weekly special right now? any one?