ATI problem- need help

mpisarcik

what do u guys think of this?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150202

having more issues than ever trying to get my ATI sapphire x800GTO2 to play Battlefield 1942 without crashing to desktop and saying that "the vga had to be reset...was no longer responding". I tried different drivers multiple times, including what came on the CD, an older driver online, and the current driver. I even used driver cleaner software.

is it just me, my old game, or ATI? my specs are in my signature...im thinking nVidia will be a better choice.

What do you say?

elitehacker

I would have went with the 7900GS, and if you are willing fork out a little bit more you can get the 7900GT which will smoke the X800GTO2. That error you are getting is usually associated with overclocking, I can that error back when I had my X800GT, when I overclocked too much.

lovely?

i had this problem when my X800GTO went on the loops because i TOTALLY SUPERCLOCKED IT... it had monster cooling and it ran like a 7900gs at its peak :O

elitehacker

If you turn off the VPU recover, then your computer will just crash when it sees an error. So I'd advise against that.