ATI Rage 3D

Matt444

This is the graphics card that is currently installed on my computer. I wanted to know if it is good enough to use for World of Warcraft (required is 32mb 3D card).

Thanks

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
That will run WoW (well it better or else ill lose every ounce of respect i already lost for ATi all over again) ... it'll run :) The only problem you'll have is that the X300 is a PCI-Express part and i think you're looking for an AGP part (and no they are not interchangeable) .. you'll need to find a AGP card

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
an x300SE may run WoW but how are you planning on installing in your comptuer?

...ahh Praetor's edit beat me

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Is there any other cheap type of graphics card that will run WoW but is easily installed.
Its not a matter of ease-of-installation but rather the X300 simply will not fit/work with your machine :) As for reccomending a card ... whats the budget?

Matt444

I'm hoping to spend about $40 on the graphics card i know it is to little but it really is all i can do. I quit my shitty job

Last edited:

Matt444

Is it compatible with a compaq presario SR1210NX. And will it run WoW. ^^ I couldn;t tell if you were giving it thumbs up for woW or not.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Is it compatible with a compaq presario SR1210NX. And will it run WoW. ^^ I couldn;t tell if you were giving it thumbs up for woW or not.
I assumed you had already checked for compatability and was asking which was better of the two

I don't think thats compatible with the computer im gettting?
That would be incorrect. It's quite compatible