ATT Uverse vs Time Warner

kswindell

Getting ready to move. Basically my 2 options are ATT and Time Warner.

I have Time Warner now. It goes up an down. Wired tends to be solid but my wireless struggles some days.

From what I can tell the top of the line Uverse is fiber optic an way better?

I'm new to all of those but trying to get all my networking an such right before I move into this house for a few years.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I believe uverse top speed is 24mb where cable can get over 50mb. Your wireless issue would have to do with your router.

kswindell

I haven't seen time warner offer anything above like 16 i believe.

As far as wireless concerns. How can a router that remains untouched in the same place go from a high speed to some days un useable? Have a brand new Netgear. Was the best one i could get from Best Buy about 3 months ago

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I was just on their website and they offer up to 50mb speeds. And I just checked Uverse website and they only go up to 24mb. It could be your wireless channel.

kswindell

Ya, I saw they offer it now apparently. When i was looking last week it didn't come up at the new or old address. Maybe they just upgraded recently.

What would you suggest to help the wireless? Things to check maybe? I'm fairly clueless

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You would have to access the routers login page and try changing the wireless channel. If that don't work then you may need to rma that router for a new one.