Audigy SE Help

stiffdogg06

Ok well i got bored with on board sound. I bought the Sound Blaster Audigy SE.

I installed it like it said. I now have NO sound and i got a blue screen of death because of the drivers from the sound card...

Im lost and have no idea what to do.

Should I delete all of my other drivers and such from the on board sound stuff?

UPDATE: Reinstalled everything, still no sound.

UPDATE: Got it working, but the volume is really really LOW. Barely hear the lyrics, all i hear is the music really.

UPDATE: Got it working fine. For some reason when I had the setting on HEADPHONES it wouldnt work. but if I put it on 5.1. 7.1 , etc it'd work fine..

Ok I give up stupid sound card. First in games the sound is to bass with the bass all the way down. then sometimes it'll not work. Not is like completely distorted! I've tried almost everything. can anyone help now! Also, my mic dont work... I have plugged in. I did everything Creative told me to do.

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
Did you make sure the onboard soubd was disabled? That will hamper everything right away. I've been running the AUdigy line especially the 4 Pro with great results while the only that may come up at times is the WDM driver. Make sure any antivirus or firewall programs are disabled whenever going to install any new hardware. Those will cause problems at times.

stiffdogg06

How do I disable onboard? Should I do it through BIOS?

UPDATE: I turned off the On Board Audio Controller in BIOS. And still no microphone. Even though the sound and everything else works perfectly.

I have the most updated drivers, I have it plugged into the jack, I have Line In Disabled, I have the microphone turned on.

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
The sound mixer portion of the audio console is where to look to enable or disable things there with the check box. I generally create a desktop shortcut for ready access to the mixer, speaker settings, and even the EAX console. If you look on the left side of the desktop right under FireFox and Thunderbird you can see how those look.

xpprodesktopgz1.jpg

Shot at 2007-06-03

stiffdogg06

Yeah I have mine on the quick launch bar.

When i disabled my on board audio controller in BIOS my sound didn't work anymore; even though I have my headset and everything plugged into my sound card.

I have NO IDEA what setting to turn on or off or where to even begin.

PC eye

banned
Are you sure that the speakers are plugged into the card and not the board? In the Device Manager you can easily find out if the Creative WDM drivers are in correctly. You see a yellow marked WMD item under the sound, video, and game controllers section or in the "other devices". Sometimes you clear the drivers and software out for a fresh install to get them to go in. I've had that kind of fun with different SB models over the years.

stiffdogg06

WDM?

Under Sound/Audio/Game controllers I have:
-Audio Codecs
-Legaxy Audio Drivers
-Legacy Video Capture Devices
-Media Control Devices
-SB Audigy
-Video Codecs

Any of them I should remove?

And Yes, they are all plugged into the card and not the board. I also do not have any Yellow question marks or anything.

PC eye

banned
The SB Audigy is the one to try updating to see if you can get the drivers to go in. With the Creative software disk in the drive right click on that item seen in the DM and choose the update driver option. Browse to the SB disk and look under audio>install>driver>2000/XP os something similar to that to loacate the driver inf file to highlight.

Windows should then start copying the drivers. The other items are left untouched in that section since the Windows installer put those there. On older cards you would see WDM quite often. Generally if the onboard is enabled that clashes with an installed pci type sound card. The possibility of the mic jack being bad since that is the only thing you can't get working is also something to consider. Hopefully you can find that out by choosing the uninstall option in the DM to try again at reinstalling everything. SB drivers can be fun to get in at times however. You may be lacking one driver for the mic.