Audio help please

92b16vx

Ok, so I was trying to take advantage of actually having outputs for 5.1 and configuring speakers via the rear of my comp.

I had everything plugged in and realized nothing was coming out of the left side, so I removed one of the plugs in the back and plugged it into another output. Well, everything stopped. I restarted the comnp, and got only half the intro music when you log on. So I checked everything to make sure it was hooked up, nothing. Moved onto checking hardware settings, everything fine. Reinstalled driver, got the whole into jingle, but nothing else.

So, I don't have speakers in my monitor, so teh Windows jingle came from the speakers, why won't it play music from my iTunes?

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
is the 5.1 output on a sperate sound card or intergrate ot the motherboard. did it come with any applications when you installed the drivers, if so check that it may of muted it by default and also could explain the original problem of only coming out of one side. if it didnt check the windows volume properties for the same reason. and also double check your cables are in the right port, the front and rear ports wont make to much difference, but if they're in microphone and line in then its not good for anything