Audio Issue on Farcry 2

I have just bought far cry 2. And the sound is messed up. Everytime i reload there is no sound. And with the machine guns there is no sound when i shoot. Any suggestions? i have reinstalled. :confused::confused:

infinitemethod

I'm also having a sound issue in the game. I bought it on Steam so I believe it's up to date. If I'm facing one of the characters talking to me in the game I can't hear them. If i move my head to the left I can hear them. It's like I can only hear out of my right ear. Also, I can hear gunfire but I can't hear my gun reloading. It's very strange. Crysis sound worked perfect, along with left 4 dead. It has to be something with the surround sound but I'm not quite sure what. Thanks.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same here...i cant hear any of the gun sounds when i shoot,i can hear the enemys but when i shoot mine nothing.

I can hear everything else,its just my gun :cool:

Latest patches alerady installed btw.

kookooshortman55

Try changing the audio format on your computer. When I installed the latest COD:WaW patch, I couldn't get any sounds in game. It turns out that the game wasn't compatible with the audio quality on my computer. I had to change it to 16 bit 44100Hz to get sound. I don't know if this will work in this case, considering you only get sounds half of the time.