Audio Splitt?

srt4pj

Whats up guys and gals,
Currently i have a 3 speaker set up for my desktop. Im trying to wire two more speakers into the bathroom and have them hung on the wall. Although Wireless speakers would be excellent i guess ill have to wire them in there. how do i add 2 speakers without buying a whole new 5 speaker set up. is there an audio splitter? will it distort the quality of sound?

Yeti

VIP Member
Are we talking 1/8 inch plug speakers (computer speakers) ? If so you can buy a simple Y-adapter that will split the signal. It will also reduce the amplitude of the signal so you'll have to crank the volume up more to get to the same level as before.

Before doing this, first check the ohm rating of the speakers - are they 4 Ohm? 8 Ohm? 16 Ohm? 24 Ohm? Selecting improperly rated speakers can cause damage to either the speakers or the amplifier circuitry.

Yeti

VIP Member
Before doing this, first check the ohm rating of the speakers - are they 4 Ohm? 8 Ohm? 16 Ohm? 24 Ohm? Selecting improperly rated speakers can cause damage to either the speakers or the amplifier circuitry.
Thats assuming that they are home stereo speakers and that the computer is connected to an amp that then is connected to and powers the speakers.