<AUS> National Broadband A Flop.

DETNSWDER

banned
I have done some backgorund investigation and have come up with the following...

1. National broadband supposed to be fast
2. with the amount of people liable to use the national broadband it will
3. slow it down
4. with the cost of it we will have a #2&#3.

DETNSWDER

linkin

VIP Member
From what i hear, the government is investing $23b in the NBN and will get a return on that. We are meant to be getting 1Gbps speeds too. It won't slow down because of the architechture unless they implement that horrible mandatory filter.

But the money could be spent on mroe important things.. hospitals, for example... they are a disgrace at the moment.

1337dingo

From what i hear, the government is investing $23b in the NBN and will get a return on that. We are meant to be getting 1Gbps speeds too. It won't slow down because of the architechture unless they implement that horrible mandatory filter.

But the money could be spent on mroe important things.. hospitals, for example... they are a disgrace at the moment.

that was gillards plan.. but with abbot with "im no bill gates" we is doing 4b and we get 10 Mbps

linkin

VIP Member
What do you mean cpu speed will slow it down? it all depends on what network adapter and ISP you'll have (what plan/speeds you get)

For example I'm on "broadband" with TPG and i get 1.5mbps, real broadband is 8mbps and ADSL2+ is 24mbps or so.

Hsv_Man

I only voted Labor for this exact reason the "NBN" nobody knows what is going to happen atm. If gillard does not get in it will be a huge dissapointment for Australia as everybody knows abott will do nothing in his first term of office. I currently run 8000 kbps and 512 upload I could just imagine how good this 1 gb network could be. Thats just my 2 cents worth :)

1337dingo

I only voted Labor for this exact reason the "NBN" nobody knows what is going to happen atm. If gillard does not get in it will be a huge dissapointment for Australia as everybody knows abott will do nothing in his first term of office. I currently run 8000 kbps and 512 upload I could just imagine how good this 1 gb network could be. Thats just my 2 cents worth :)

also gotta think because she likes the black list.. witch will be a pain in the ass as well