Autodesk with 8600GT

Shadow_MKII

I have gone to the main website to check a couple of things out on 3DS Max and Autodesk Inventor 11, but I have heard contradictory news elsewhere on the net. My question is, will I be able to use these two programs with my current computer, or will I have to switch to a workstation graphics card? I have heard that it MAY be possible with the 8 series Nvidia cards, but I am not entirely sure.

Shadow_MKII

Nice to hear! Have you ever used these kinds of programs before? I just want to make sure because the online documentation only has a few of the Quadro video cards approved, all of which are above the 300 dollar mark! TT_TT

Shadow_MKII

Awesome! Well I can certainly trust your judgment, that is for sure! How are those kinds of courses? How is Inventor and those kinds of programs?

Dual_Corex2

banned
Iv used my 8800GTS with Autodesk 3D9 or whatever, but it really wont help in performance unless you have a card designed to handle CAD programs.

The_Beast

Awesome! Well I can certainly trust your judgment, that is for sure! How are those kinds of courses? How is Inventor and those kinds of programs?

The classes are pretty easy (for me) and I'm way ahead of everybody else. I use Inventor, AutoCAD 2D, Solidworks, CAD Architectural, and Sketchup(at home)

Last edited:

Shadow_MKII

I use SolidWorks as well and have been trying to use Blender, The GIMP, Inkscape and Autodesk for a while, I just cannot seem to get Autodesk to work yet on my Linux machine. I guess I will have to get Windows for that!