automatic update

jasonz

how do i turn it off so i dont get a gay ass popup telling me i have to restart every 5 minutes.

Geoff

VIP Member
I hate it to, I prefer to do it manually. What I always do the instant I reinstall windows is go to Start > Control Panel > Security Center > Automatic Update Settings > Turn Off.

JlCollins005

or right click on my computer go to properties and turn it off in the automatic updates tab, then u security center icon will come up, to turn that off go to start-run-msconfig-services and turn off security center

jasonz

Does it keep coming up once you restart?

no, but the thing is i can be in the middle of something i have been working on a while or still have a while to go, but that gay popup keeps comming up. If it would just tell me once, that would be different.

Thanks for the help others.

norcodh

if you turn it off make sure you do them on your own.. like once a week... if you don't do them you don't get bug fixes or security fixes.. leaving you open for the bad bad people out there to take over your computer =D

Yeah like JlCollins005 said in the instructions on how to change the settings, Except dont turn it off completely, select "notify me but...." that way you can download the updates whenever you want. So you can do it when your not busy