Average Celeron Temp.?

brycematheson712

For the past, oh, I'd say month and a half or so, my computer has been having some repetative freezes. It seems as though whenever I try doing something very hard on it such as convert a video, or even just copy a large amount of files my system will freeze.

Sick of it, I went into the BIOS and just made sure that everything was still working okay. I looked at the CPU temperature and saw that it was running at 96 degrees Celsius! My CPU fan is running at 3245RPMs and I also just reapplied new thermal grease. I can only get the CPU down to 80 degrees on idle.

Could this be the cause of my frequent freezes?

Zangetsu

Same problem with my friend. I didn't know that the Celeron processors created so much heat. Anyway, my friend bought a watercooler, and now he is happy as ever :)

Zangetsu

andy faith

I wouldn't really recommend a Celeron for doing anything remotely hard. Check to see what other processors your mobo supports and see if you can afford one. They generate so much heat cuz thy're trying to do things that they're not designed to do.

brycematheson712

It's a 3.2Ghz Celeron CPU. I'm not overclocking at all. Any other suggestions?

I guess the next thing I just need to look into, if I can't get this working, is upgrading my CPU and Motherboard to maybe a Core 2 Duo or something within that range.