AVI > DVD Mission

ghost

Hello all,
I've been given a task from a friend to burn some AVI videos to DVDs.
The AVI files are only 30-40ish meg, some promo adds or summin for his work.

Anyways how would one go about doing this?

I have a Vista PC with Nero7 if that helps. Is there a way to convert the AVI files so I can put them onto DVDs that work in stand alone DVD players?

Cheers for ur time ppl.

I am not sure about Nero since I only have NTI CD/DVD Maker. But I believe you should be able to select what type of CD/DVD you want to burn. Choose Video CD/DVD instead of data CD/DVD

Also use DVD-R for older DVD Player compatibility instead of DVD+R.

I am not sure about Nero since I only have NTI CD/DVD Maker. But I believe you should be able to select what type of CD/DVD you want to burn. Choose Video CD/DVD instead of data CD/DVD

Also use DVD-R for older DVD Player compatibility instead of DVD+R.

Note : nero does not take avi,wmv etc etc, to burn them as dvd, you just have to use an alternative sofware such as TMPGenc Dvd author or so (which encodes avi etc to dvd), when making dvd nero only takes .bup & .vob.

Hey,
Heres how i do it.
WinAVI and nero.

~Step 1~
open winavi select dvd, click start and watch it turn your .avi (or other files) into video_ts

~step 2~
open nero (i use nero express)
click make a dvd using dvd-video files (the contents in your video_ts folder

And viola you have the easiest method (and fastest) way of turning avi into dvd

Thx all for ya help but I found a nero view thing in nero7, that done it for me :)

Cheers again!

I use ConvertXtoDVD it is a one step program that converts your files and burns them for you. works awesome.

I use ConvertXtoDVD it is a one step program that converts your files and burns them for you. works awesome.

Agreed! ConvertXtoDVD is an awesome program! Just a few clicks and it converts and burns to a dvd. All the hassles removed from other methods. And it works faster than other converters I have used in the past.

Right now the menu options that show up on the menu once the dvd is burned are a bit primitive, but they are working on improving the options for that.

Back