AVI files burned to DVD

Matt101905

Hello I'm new. Anyways I was wondering which program is the best/easist program to use to burn .avi files to a DVD-R 4.7GB. Is there any good freeware that I could use or do I need to buy something? If so then that is ok. Thanks for the info. Also I need a program that will work with Linux. Thanks! :D

Matt101905

Thanks guys. I already had Imgburn so I was messing with that a few min. ago and I can't get it to work. When I'm browseing for my movie. (.avi file) i cant find where to browse into my external HDD. I go to Computer and there is :C and :Z. thats it. I'm trying the other program mentioned. maybe I can get that to work. thanks!

blazinjewel

Hi... I am also searching for ways to burn my avi movies to dvd... or good conversion program. When i try nero and try to create a dvd using the avi file it wont fit to the dvd. but it can burn to the dvd as data file. Some players can play the dvd but not all...

do i need to concert the avi file first to dvd before burning it to dvd cd? im kinda new to this stuff. pls help.

lawson_jl

Are you asking how to convert movies you have stolen off the internet so they play on a standard DVD player?

jessic

I always use "google search" to resolve my problem, you can search "DVD burner"and you will get more hareware and freeware software.

Kazoon

Are you asking how to convert movies you have stolen off the internet so they play on a standard DVD player?
Why would you accuse him/her of that? Just because it is an AVI file? Just because he/she said movies? For your information my camcorder records in AVI format and I refer to all my home videos as movies!

To answer the OP's question Convertxtodvd is what you want, it will convert your AVI files to DVD format and burn them on to either a DVDr or DVDrw that will play on just about all DVD Players.

chrissrog

hi. I have a issue with dvd burning, when burning a downloaded movie to dvd it wont play on any dvd player do i need to do something before i burn the dvd, or am i doing something wrong? please help, thanks

G25r8cer

You guys can't just burn an avi file to a disk and expect it to play in a dvd player. You must use a program such as ConvertXtoDVD to convert the avi to dvd format and then burn it. ConvertXtoDVD is the best and fastest way to do it. You can convert a 700mb avi and burn it in under 30min

divisionbella

first step is to use DVD Decrypter, once your dvd has been decrypted, you can burn the files using any dvd burning software, Nero will do just fine or some of the free ones like Free DVD Creator v2

ganzey

banned
^^it can if the dvd player supports divx. but anyways, use DVDVIDEOSOFT. i use it all the time, it is amazing. free too