.avi files

Bluewolf

Downloading a new video player should help. I personally either use Twin Video or Zoom. You can find a lot of them on download.com

wormyguy

zoom isnt working, it will keep installing every time i open it or try to open a file with it.

is there a way to make windows media player work with it?
or quicktime?

wormyguy

windows media player says error downloading codec when i try to play it and i still get audio but no video, along with zoom now.. (i got it to install)

u may need the Xvid codec and the AC3 sound Codec and u may want to use a program that identifies the avi file and what codecs u may need to get Its Called AVIcodec it works great...Xvid AND AC3 are main video and audio codecs

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
More specifically .. .your computer will not play specific AVI files -- AVI files by themselves are natively supported by all versions of Windows since Windows95. Your problem is with a specific codec ... visit http://www.hazza.dsl.pipex.com/faq.htm and check where it says "I have a movie... what's the quickest way to get it to play?" ... if that doesnt work, see the next section

jjsevdt

If you want to try another player, use Jet Audio, I have yet to find an audio/ video format that it won't play. It has all the codecs you need.

i went that site u put praetor to check it out, and it keeps tellin me every time i click on a link "Page not found

The page you are trying to get to was not found at this address." and nothin happens