AVI help....

minfingr

Hi all. I have been converting avi's with ease for a while now. but this one avi movie will not convert to dvd format at all! i have used several different converting programs and they all give an error and crash. they give the standard "send error report" message. some say it isn't a supported file type.

does anyone know of a program to fix this, or what the problem might be? thank you. :)

If you try an endless number of converters and nothing works it's mainly due to a poor quality video file if it was simply not captured in the correct format. Since the avi type format is more universal it sounds like the file itself needs to be redone/replaced.

If you try an endless number of converters and nothing works it's mainly due to a poor quality video file if it was simply not captured in the correct format. Since the avi type format is more universal it sounds like the file itself needs to be redone/replaced.

i concur

how would i go about 'redo'ing it? i assume you mean editing or fixing it in some way. its a rare movie that i can't re-download. is there a program that will fix this problem? thank you...

It sounds like either a bad download or in the case of a copyrighted film there is usually a security code encrypted into it to prevent copying. For a non commercial privately produced film converting into mpeg II format would give you a larger number of burning programs to try.

Back