Aww problem :(

Tystrasza

So i built my compy a few months ago, and in WoW with everything turned to highest visualy, I got between 58-60FPS all the time. It was mostly 60 but every 2 seconds it hit 58 for a milla sec then turned 60 again.

But recently "just now" i saw I was getting 35-41 in places i normaly get max FPS. Along with this, I have been having connection lag spikes where everything stops an people stnd still then 7 seconds later it catches up an people can be 90ft away.

I have scanned for viruses, defragged, used CCleaner, used spysweeper, and my processes running is still at 18-20. I have found nothing. I am scared because this comp has been the best up until a week ago, an then for some reason it feels like it has a problem with something. I just dont know what.

I play FEAR with every max an i get
fpsnr4.jpg

I think i used to get more before also.. i dont think i ever got as low as 47 at any time.

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
hehe... thats quite normal.. WoW is CPU intensive.. In enabled the SLI GPU load balancing ( its an overlay i get in game) to see how much they are used... and my 7800GTX's are barely used in WoW.. ;)

edit.. there were also some drawingdistance issues in WoW as far as i heard.. if you're having problem with 'only' having 40fps at some points.. lower the drawing distance just a bit.

Geoff

VIP Member
As for the lag you talked about, thats most likely internet related, not hardware. What are you using for a connection?

btw, you hit 60 because I believe thats what the limiter is set to, so you probably could receive more if that was disabled. They have similar things on all games to smooth out gameplay and such.

Jet

VIP Member
Just to let you know, the human eye cannot distinguish between 50FPS and 100FPS. Of course, you may have not have a human eye.... :)

Tystrasza

I knowbut i mean before the last week or so i NEVER went below 58 no matter where i was.. now all of a sudden im hitting in the 40s?

Oh, i have DSL as a connection, which before last week i never had lag spikes either.

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
Im at 64fps constant, with occasional dips to 58 or so and then back to 64... its bloody normal. when the place gets crowded, my fps can go down to 34 (sometimes even lower, but then its pretty crowded.) So i dont really know what your problem is, because I dont see any

Archangel

VIP Member
no.. not really.. it completely depends on where you are in the game on what fps you get. maybe you just entered area's you havnt entered before?

anyway.. my pc would be slightly faster than yours (especially since my CPU is overclocked) and on the grafic's end my pc should be faster too... and I have the same thing in WoW. so no, sorry, but i dont see the problem tbh