Aynone use Asus Express Gate?

G25r8cer

What the title says. Anyone use it?

My mobo has the feature and I have used it a few times. Is there any hidden/downloadable features to add to it? Like addon's and such

gamerman4

It is nifty in concept and I could see myself using it if it were on my laptop but as a feature of my desktop motherboard, I have it disabled.

G25r8cer

It is nifty in concept and I could see myself using it if it were on my laptop but as a feature of my desktop motherboard, I have it disabled.

Yeah I imagine I would use it alot more if it was on a lappy

I dont use it that much and should disable it b/c it slows down bootup times

G25r8cer

^^ It is an almost Instant-On Operating System

Boots up in about 5-7seconds

The OS is loaded onto a flash drive or hard drive

Edit: The os is kinda like droid (linux)

gamerman4

What does it do,(Express Gate)cheers.

It is like a mini OS that you can boot as soon as you power on your computer (even before getting to the POST page) It comes with a web browser, media player, and a couple other things. This would be great on a laptop if you want to check your email real quick and then shut your computer off but since my desktop runs on 24/7 I have no need for it.

Fatback

VIP Member
I could never get mine to work, I use a wireless network adapter and it will not load the driver for it. So it want find a connection, I have messed around with everything expect the internet feature. Like said before it would be handy on a netbook or laptop, although I would probably still rather use the new Google OS instead of using it.