back again, no boot, bad mobo?

Rick G

Hello all. I'm back again with a new problem. I installed new OCZ ram and computer would not boot. Changed back to old ram, same problem.
Changed PSU, same problem.reseated all cables, same. Changed vid crd, same. Changed CPU for known good, same. cleared cmos, same. Changed HDD, same. The only thing I can think of is bad mobo??????
I get thru first post screen, one beep, stops after pci check on post and nothing else.
Opinions, bad mobo????

skidude

Has to be, something must have gone wrong when you were installing the RAM. Plus you already replaced everything else :p

OvenMaster

VIP Member
Rick G said:
I get thru first post screen, one beep, stops after pci check on post and nothing else.
Opinions, bad mobo????
You need a POST card reader to find the fatal error code to see what's stopping this in its tracks. But what stops MINE dead is a disconnected mouse cable!
Tom

Echo Ecko X

banned
Fried processor? And if not that, your bios are screwed, and if not that, its just the mobo. Either way, I think your going to have to buy new stuff.

Rick G

Well, RMAing the mobo, second cpu has same results and bios set and reset to default settings, same thing.