backup solution

FXB

I have a 2 tb WD drive as my main drive which I backup to another 2 tb WD drive and a 2tb seagate drive.

How can I compress my backups so they occupy less space on the backup drives? How can my backups go to my second backup drive once the first is full?

Attachments

• HDD.PNG
    HDD.PNG
    18.3 KB · Views: 55

zombine210

woah! you're really running low on disk space there 0.0
so you have two backup sets?
how many copies of each file do you have and how long do you keep them for?
do your media files change periodically? i wouldn't think so besides you adding new files.
please explain your backup process.

having two backup sets is ok as long as they're not in the same place; think disaster recovery.

rt click on the drive, go to properties and check Compress drive to save disk space.

FXB

woah! you're really running low on disk space there 0.0
so you have two backup sets?
how many copies of each file do you have and how long do you keep them for?
do your media files change periodically? i wouldn't think so besides you adding new files.
please explain your backup process.

having two backup sets is ok as long as they're not in the same place; think disaster recovery.

rt click on the drive, go to properties and check Compress drive to save disk space.
so far I think I have 2 copies of each files. Long story short I'm not sure what I'm doing but I definitely don't want to lose data. I'd like to use my win7 rig as a backup/media server.

I have three 2tb drives in my case. one 1 tb external drive. All my data on my C drive is about 1 tb

Last edited: