Bad computer performance - Please help

Elrab

So basically i've build my computer about a year ago and I believe it wasn't working correctly from day 1.
I'm having issues with low fps / long loading times / stuttering.
It is supposed to be a really good computer, judging by the parts.
I've bought them separately and built them together myself.
I'm really close to losing my mind over this, i've literally checked every possible solution and i can't figure out what is causing the problems.
My friend has similar computer build, yet his computer works perfectly.
I should also mention i've tried my CPU on his computer and it worked well, without any problems whatsoever, so I guess CPU isn't the problem. (however if you check benchmarks on my computer they seem to be quite low, although on my friends computer it was above average)
As for my RAM i've ran "Windows memory diagnostic" and it didn't detect any problems.
I'll post all the specs / benchmark pictures down bellow, if someone has a bit of time to check them out and give any suggestion i would really appreciate it a lot.

Quick overall of my specs :

CPU : AMD FX 8320 (3,50Ghz, 16MB) BOX 125W
GPU : Inno3D GeForce GTX970 4GB HerculeZ X2
RAM : Kingston HyperX FURY Red 8GB 1600Mhz cl10 - 1.50V
MOTHERBOARD : ASROCK 970 Pro3 R2.0
POWER SUPPLY : XFX Pro Series Full Wired Edition (Bronze) 550W
COOLER : Arctic Freezer A11

FPS / TEMPERATURE BENCHMARK : (FPS varies from 300- 600, all my friends have around 2-3k)

BENCHMARK_FPS_TEMP.png

CPU BENCHMARK :

BENCHMARK_CPU.png

RAM BENCHMARK :

BENCHMARK_RAM.png

HW INFO SOFTWARE REPORTS : (Second one is below as .txt file)

HWINFO.png

MSINFO32 -> Report below as a .txt file

Attachments

• MSINFO32_REXPORT.txt
    932.9 KB · Views: 1
  • HWINFO.txt
    116.1 KB · Views: 0

beers

Staff member
If you're referring to CPU temperature, then yes. I've ran benchmark as soon as i turned on the computer.
That would be a problem. Make sure you mounted the cooler correctly and utilized an appropriate amount of thermal paste.

Sounds like it's just throttling heavily from being too hot.

Elrab

That would be a problem. Make sure you mounted the cooler correctly and utilized an appropriate amount of thermal paste.

Sounds like it's just throttling heavily from being too hot.

Well i've mounted the cooler a couple of times already due to CPU testing and it was always pretty much the same. I've also always reapplied thermal paste, and I also use 3 simple fans for extras.

Okedokey

Yeah, I would do it again, clean the cpu and heatsink with IPA and try again. If not, suggest reinstalling windows as a start, this usually fixes any issues the quickest.

Elrab

Yeah, I would do it again, clean the cpu and heatsink with IPA and try again. If not, suggest reinstalling windows as a start, this usually fixes any issues the quickest.

I've cleaned whole computer just yesterday, i really doubt that's the issue. As for the windows, i've reinstalled them way to many times already, up from win 7 to win 8 and now win 10 and there's never been any changes. However i'd bet my cooler is ****ed for some reason. Thanks for all the suggestions tho :)