Bad motherboard or bad OS

Karcen

Ok so i am new here and well i recently built a new computer this is the second time i have done so, however i have been plagued with problems from the start. I have fixed a few but one keeps coping up. This problem is that sometimes normally after my usb devices refuse to register with windows 7 my os will corrupt. I ask about the mother board because i have installed and repaired the os and had a shop do the same but still this persists. current blue screen erro is 0x00000 6b for a corrupt boot sector.

the specs are

Windows 7 home premium
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

2 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 08G-P4-6183-KR, 8GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC)

Rosewill Photon-1200, PHOTON Series 1200W Full Modular Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold Certified, Single +12V Rail, Intel 4th Gen CPU Ready, SLI & Crossfire Ready

Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 530

Mushkin Enhanced Reactor 2.5" 1TB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MKNSSDRE1TB

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel Z170 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16Q-32GVRB

DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 120EX CPU Liquid Cooler AIO Water Cooling Ceramic Bearing Pump Visual Liquid Flow with 120mm PWM Fan Rubber Coating Deep Silent Support LGA 2011-v3

AZZA Solano 1000 Black Japanese SECC Steel/Metal mesh in front MicroATX/ATX/Full ATX Computer Case

and an older 2 tb hard disk used for storage

TheOnlyChaz

Hello, Karcen. I see your having problems that i may be able to help you with. If i may ask you to restart your computer into The BIOS and tell me your settings, that would help alot. If you can't do that. Then please email me at [email removed] so we can talk. Thanks! ~ Charles

Last edited by a moderator:

Karcen

as you mentioned bios i should mention those are all default except for some os protection that windows 7 did not like

Karcen

well i sent you the email currently i can't turn it on as i need to leave soon and have everything unplugged

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Is this original version of 7 without sp1 applied? Have you tried deleting the Bootcat.cache file?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/981833

Also, do the following and post the logfile.

Download BlueScreenView
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

TheOnlyChaz

Is this original version of 7 without sp1 applied? Have you tried deleting the Bootcat.cache file?

Download BlueScreenView
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.

Hi John! Me and Karcen have discussed in private chat that he can not boot his computer. Sorry!

TheOnlyChaz

There's no reason to move it to private chat, let alone off the forum via email. That's some shoddy stuff dude.
Yes i understand we are supposed to keep conversation in the forum post. But it is alot easier to put it in PM because you get quicker notifications etc.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Hi John! Me and Karcen have discussed in private chat that he can not boot his computer. Sorry!
There's no reason to move it to private chat, let alone off the forum via email. That's some shoddy stuff dude.
Yep, thats the whole purpose of the forum is so that everyone can help and if the problem is fixed, its on the forum so anybody else searching for a fix can see it.

TheOnlyChaz

Home
Conversations>
this might be simpler
Mark as UnreadStar ConversationLeave Conversation

1. KarcenNew Member
    maybe sending a message here will be simpler

Karcen, Today at 6:03 PMReport

2. TheOnlyChazNew Member
    Ok! Well sorry that you can't turn on your computer. But i will say its probaly A BIOS startup problem. If not try replacing your power supply.

TheOnlyChaz, Today at 6:05 PMReport

3. KarcenNew Member
    would the power supply cause the os to corrupt, i mean it turns on and powers up fine just after awhile it just goes corrupt?

Karcen, 59 minutes agoReport

4. TheOnlyChazNew Member
    The reason i reccomend replacing your power supply is, the PS sends a encrypted message to the Motherboard and sometimes that will mess up or will corrupt.

TheOnlyChaz, 59 minutes agoReport

5. TheOnlyChazNew Member
    Now you may also want to buy a new motherboard just incase, becuase it could be the Motherboard screwing it up.

TheOnlyChaz, 57 minutes agoReport

6. KarcenNew Member
    ok then i'll add that to a list i am thinking of just replacing all maybe faulty parts just in case

Karcen, 57 minutes agoReport

7. TheOnlyChazNew Member
    Now, im not asking you to go spend money. but do check your graphics card. Or go and check that everything is fully plugged in. Ive had Black screening problems before because my motherboards connection was loose.

TheOnlyChaz, 54 minutes agoReport

8. KarcenNew Member
    the screen is fine everything is fine except that my os corrupts i can't turn it on right now because i unplugged the cord and took away bits of it planning to use it all latter and because i have some place i must go soon that would likely prevent me from getting there on time there is no black screen only the boot area corrupt blue screen

Karcen, 51 minutes agoReport

9. TheOnlyChazNew Member
    Ok, well Karcen it's been a Pleasure talking to you, But it seems like there is nothing i can do for you. Try contacting Another member of the forums to see if they can help. As i said, its been a pleasure talking, and thanks for giving me your time!
    Have a great day Karcen, ~ Charles

TheOnlyChaz, 47 minutes agoReport

10. KarcenNew Member
    thanks for the advice i will try what you said

Karcen, 46 minutes agoReport

11. TheOnlyChazNew Member
    :)

Karcen

Download BlueScreenView

I can't get to windows to do any of that and it did have service pack 1 I am on a laptop currently

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
So does it power up and just not boot? You can easily rebuild the bootloader.

I'd also test your RAM, and even if it passes, replace it with known good RAM and see if you still have issues.

Karcen

i will see what issues i have when i buy a new OS if it continues i'll replace the motherboard thanks for the help