BAD Sound... HELP Please...

Bowdoctor

I am getting a BAD intermittent sound many times. I replaced the Sound Card to later find out I still have the problem.

Win 7
ASUS CM6870

Sound Card Adapter WAS: NVDIA GeForce GT 520

Sound Card Adapter NOW: Creative Sound Blaster Z SBX PCIE Gaming Sound Card System Builder Version SB1502

I am running 2 screens, a 24" LED and a 18" LCD. They are plugged into the same VIDEO Adapter. I have a Video on the MOB, but do not know how to run them both at the same time......

Listen to the sound on the Video I did make, I hope you guys can give me a hand....

WATCH MY VIDEO OF SOUND PROBLEM.

Dave

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of speakers do you have? brand and model number? Sounds like interference.

Bowdoctor

ONE THING.... I hear it every 1-3 mins when I am using BOTH screens at the same time.

Watch the timer on the bottom of the screen, it will show you when in real time I hear the noise.

ON the video, it does not play the sound as I hear very good. It sounds like a "Raspberry" you give a Loved one... with a little deep bass to it...

StrangleHold

Staff member
My guess is you have a short in the output wiring coming from the sound card or what ever source your using or interference from a power cord. Have you tried completely removing all the speaker wiring and redoing it?

Bowdoctor

THANKS FOR THE HELP..

I took out the video card, and tried using the on board video on the MB.

I still get the darn noise.

THEN I switched to the Monitor #1 only and still the noise...
THEN I switched to the Monitor #2 only and still the noise...

About to give up... who knows.... maybe the power supply... OMG.. and how do I test that...

Bowdoctor

My guess is you have a short in the output wiring coming from the sound card or what ever source your using or interference from a power cord. Have you tried completely removing all the speaker wiring and redoing it?

The Sound card is NEW..... and the noise was well before the new one...

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Can I suggest booting to safe mode and see if it still happens? If it doesn't then its a software issue.

PunterCam

It's something crapping out in your computer - it "sounds" very much like a cpu overload sounds when working with music software. Definitely not a wiring thing, or a speaker thing.

Bowdoctor

Please watch my VIDEO of my sound problem...

The Studder is at :31 and :52

I tried another set of speakers..
Replaced the Sound Card...
Reformatted the hard drive and still same problem

I wrote to Asus and they told me to send the PC in for repair.. OMG

Model CM6870

CAN IT BE THE POWER Supply??? I downloaded "SpeedFan" the voltage readings do not change, but maybe .5 volts + and -

What do ya think!!