BANNED wtf?!?!?!

skidude

Alright.... I don't hack at all.... yet Steam had my account banned from VAC servers, for no reason at all. Could it be possible that someone got into my account and did this? I looked on their page and they said all bans are permanent, and there is no way to reverse it. So now all these games I bought and spent money are are f**king USELESS!!!! THANKS VALVE!!! Any info on how to explain my situation to valve and get my account un-banned would be really helpful, because otherwise I'll have to go out and re-buy all these games :( :mad:

Geoff

VIP Member
That sucks! Did it happen when you were in the middle of a game, or did you just try to play one day and it said you were banned? And did you have any mods to CSS that VAC may have thought were hacks?

skidude

I logged on to steam this morning and BAM I get hit with this window saying I'm banned. I used a lot of skins, none of them helped cheat they just made the gun look different, but it does replace and add some core files. This sucks so bad, now it's gonna cost me like $150 to get all my games back.

I also hope the ban isn't an IP ban, just an account ban.

skidude

Ok just looked on bestbuy.com to see how much this stupid ban is gonna cost me, and it totaled up to $80 for HL2, CSS, CS 1.6, and DoD: Source.

Wonderful. Thanks again Valve!

Ok just looked on bestbuy.com to see how much this stupid ban is gonna cost me, and it totaled up to $80 for HL2, CSS, CS 1.6, and DoD: Source.

Maybe you should email Valve and see what the problem is?
Maybe they banned you by mistake?

99F

banned
ok well its not like Valve just picks out a random person from ingame and says "lets ban him hes doing really well" they have to have some reason for it - honestly whenever you read a post about someone being banned it ALWAYS goes like "i dont do it at all maybe someone must have gotten onto my account" thats all you ever see on the steampowered forums

skidude

I'm starting to think they thought the skins I had were hacks... which sucks... now I have to go give valve more of my money so they can probably just ban me again.

tobywuk

phone them up or write a letter to them and complain that you have spent all this money for there service and you have been banned for no reason at all.

If you have been doing something naughty then there is nothing you can do and it is ur own fault.

bigsaucybob

You better find out if they have had your IP banned on your game serial. If they have banned your IP (which seems more logical to me) then your out of luck.

You should most definitely find out first so you don't go and waste $80 on the new games to find out your IP is banned.

kobaj

VIP Member
Ive heard that they can ban you if you use the account on other computers. Have you been switching pc's alot?

Although, I do know some skins that help people in the game. Perhaps you accidentally grabbed the skin thinking it just looked cool, but it also lets you cheat. Valve picked up on this and banned.

In my opinion the way Valve bans is a little harsh. Perhaps they should send out a warning saying "We have been watching your account and your skins have been helping you hack" (Or something along those lines). "Stop or risk your account being banned". I would have most definitly deleted my skins if see something like that pop up!

skidude

Same here, and I've read up on their website and there seems to be absolutely NOTHING I can do to even explain my situation to them. Everywhere I look it says something like "...if this has caused your account to be banned by VAC, we cannot reverse the ban". It's like Steam has no control over their banning system. This sucks.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's like Steam has no control over their banning system. This sucks.

Surely they do....if they dont then thats very bad.

i wouldnt be very happy either if they banned my account with games ive paid for.

just keep pestering their support until you get some feedback from them.
i would:D

skidude

Well I just checked on VAC forums and the ban is NOT an IP ban, which means I now have to go out and pay for new copies of HL2, CSS, CS 1.6, and DoD: Source......

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I just checked on VAC forums and the ban is NOT an IP ban, which means I now have to go out and pay for new copies of HL2, CSS, CS 1.6, and DoD: Source......

are you sure they didnt ban your machine too aswell as your account?

i think i read somewhere that they can ban your machines hardware id or something....or was that Punkbuster and not VAC?:confused:

i dunno lol:D

Gravegun

Not being a pain *been banned from World of Warcraft 2 times long story not most graceful stories either* However I am pretty sure in some stupid agreement you click that we all click and some fine print tells use we can't modify certain files within whatever game/app you buy and if you do the smallest change, and there bots pick it up, you have to rebuy from being banned.

Geoff

VIP Member

Your not looking at the games individually are you? Because you can get Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One for $60:

http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=240&cc=US

Justin

VIP Member
i bought my counter strike:source which came with half life 2:deathmatch, day of defeat:source for $30 at gamestop.