Bare/Unpainted Case?

Rocko

I was searching around on the interwebspace to find just blank, unpainted computer cases. To my surprise, it was actually a harder task than I expected.:mad: I could not find anything I was looking for.

Has anyone heard of a company that sells such animal?

MMM

I was searching around on the interwebspace to find just blank, unpainted computer cases. To my surprise, it was actually a harder task than I expected.:mad: I could not find anything I was looking for.

Has anyone heard of a company that sells such animal?
No... But why unpainted?
If you are going to paint a case then you could paint any case if you want to.

I have refurbished cases many times by using two pack paints and if any they come up better than new ones; just like respraying cars.

viet_Cong

why not buy a case that you want. and use like 200 grit sand paper and sand off the paint, then buy some spray paint that you want and spray it on?

Rocko

No... But why unpainted?
If you are going to paint a case then you could paint any case if you want to.

I have refurbished cases many times by using two pack paints and if any they come up better than new ones; just like respraying cars.

Well, to be honest, I was hoping that a blank, unpainted case would be cheaper and have a similar look to some cases I would like to paint. Cases that cost $150+. I guess ill just have to buy a regular case!

why not buy a case that you want. and use like 200 grit sand paper and sand off the paint, then buy some spray paint that you want and spray it on?

Simply because thats more work, I have done cases like this before. Sanding all that paint of takes a good amount of time. If there was a company that sold blank cases, well that would be just dandy. :)

Binkstir

I took an old case that was sort of that tan color they were using in the 90's and airbrushed some skulls on it. Turned out pretty good. If you are going to paint it, you might be able to find some used or scratched up a little bit on ebay.

joh06937

you don't really even need to sand it much if you want a different color. i would just get the surface sort of rough and paint over it. what color(s) did you have in mind?

bomberboysk

Eh, you really do need to sand it if you want any decent adhesion, especially if you plan on painting the inside as well.

Also, if you are changing from a dark color(eg- black) to a lighter color, make sure you put a few coats of primer on before changing it.

Rocko

Ive done a couple painted cases, I just go down to the metal. I use a good primer and then hit it with automotive metal paint. I just didn't want to do the sanding if I could help it :p

If you're looking for unpainted interior, HAF series.

I hear that! I have the HAF 922, should have came stock w/ a black interior :D

MyCattMaxx

With a bare case you still have to sand if you want good adhesion.
Also if your in high school your shop dept may have a media blaster that would make things faster.
If they have powder coating set up you'll have an excellent finish.

Last edited:

Rocko

With a bare case you still have to sand if you want good adhesion.
Also if your in high school your shop dept may have a media blaster that would make things faster.
If they have powder coating set up you'll have an excellent finish.

Just dont have to sand as much :)

Nope, graduated a good while ago, nothing around my area where I could use a media blaster. I wish!