BATMAN Arkham Asylum

awildgoose

This game is great. My bro got it for ps3 (doesn't come out for PC in Aus until the 24th :mad:) and jeez it's awesome. You can grapple onto higher things and "glide Kick people" (you jump down and open your cape so you're gliding and you kick the dude). And because you're BATMAN you go into "detective" mode and you can see like x-ray sort of things and find out destructible things and bad guys.
You get explosive gel that you put in places and detonate it. You can get batarangs and throw them at people, more that one!

Anyone else got this game? I'm d/l'ing the demo off steam, but tell me what you think of BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

massahwahl

VIP Member
I played the 360 demo and it is pretty damn good, probably the best super hero game I've ever played. I've got $200 worth of trade in credit at FYE so I might pick it up.

awildgoose

I played the 360 demo and it is pretty damn good, probably the best super hero game I've ever played. I've got $200 worth of trade in credit at FYE so I might pick it up.

It is so worth it. When you get multiple batarangs (the demo hasn't fully downloaded yet so I don't know if it is in there) you can knock down multiple people and also, you can hang upside down (like a bat) on certain things and when someone goes under you, you drop down, pick 'em up (you are holding a grapple gun BTW) and you come back up and kill them!

Aastii

VIP Member
I played the 360 demo the other day and it is sweet. You don't get multiple batmarangs but it is still awesome. If I had the money I would probably get it

Aastii

VIP Member
It's just come out a couple days ago...

what you have to remember goosey baby is that some people will play a game for 10 minutes maybe and if they don't like what they first saw and heard, they will think it is a crap game without giving it a chance

Masterfulks

I've been playing it on PS3. It's a great game, and the best superhero game around.

You've only touched on a few gadgets and takedowns. You get more as you go on, and you can upgrade the stuff you already have.

It's really a cool setup they have going. The story and voice acting are stellar. The best description I've heard of the game is that it's a Batman simulator. If you like Batman, I don't see how you can't enjoy this game.

Especially for a console. I find most action/stealth games play about the same. Batman does a good job of feeling different.

The challenge rooms should extend play beyond the story mode a good bit. I usually start by playing one of the maps a couple of times to warm up, and then jump in the story.

JlCollins005

i picked the game up for 360 the other night, let me tell ya i was surprised at how good the game is, graphics wise, gameplay, all the cool animations and stuff you can do, not to mention just listen to the joker is fun lol

Fatback

VIP Member

Wow you must have traded in a lot of thing to get that much credit. I work at FYE part time and we had a guy that traded in 42 CD's and 8 Games and still didn't get $200 out of it.

I haven't played it yet I download the Demo off of steam but it would never opened so I deleted it. I might try to download it on my xbox and see what it is like.

awildgoose

I've been playing it on PS3. It's a great game, and the best superhero game around.

You've only touched on a few gadgets and takedowns. You get more as you go on, and you can upgrade the stuff you already have.

I didn't want to give away too much.

Masterfulks

I think I did it on normal in 10 hours. If you play it on easy and rush through, you could do it in a few less I guess.

It probably depends on how much you spend looking for riddler stuff as well. I didn't spend a lot of time doing the trophy searching, but if I saw one, I did my best to figure out how to get it.

Masterfulks

You do have a decent amount of challenge maps that are stealth or combat oriented.

It's worth renting at least. At some point you should play it. It's one of the best console games around.

I can't really remember the last time a non RPG game was really over 8 to 10 hours of gameplay. Maybe GTA4.

Masterfulks

I'd say the 8 to 10 hours is the main story mode. You can spend double or triple that in the challenge rooms and collecting all the other stuff.