Battlefield 2

russb

I have had this game Battlefield 2 for awhile and i have been so bored with BLOPS that i thought i would load it up.Wow have i had fun this last 2 hours,at first i thought i was playing BFBC2 but this game is better.I will give it a few more hours on SP and then have ago on MP and i hope i have as much fun.:D

FatManSam

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Is BRILLIANT. Much better than CoD in my opinion xD.
You can add me on your friends list if you want (roridude). Always looking for peeps to play with :)

I am hoping they add some sort of friends grouping to the game though and some dedicated servers in Battlefield 3 which is coming out around the same time as Skyrim i do believe. Can't wait!

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive got BF2,I got it cheap a long time ago and never actually played it,Might give it ago actually because im getting bored of BC2 multiplayer so could do with something decent to tie me over until BF3.

Russ have you tried that "Project Reality mod" for BF2?...i heard its good.

russb

Ive got BF2,I got it cheap a long time ago and never actually played it,Might give it ago actually because im getting bored of BC2 multiplayer so could do with something decent to tie me over until BF3.

Russ have you tried that "Project Reality mod" for BF2?...i heard its good.

I have only been playing BF2 for a little while i wll see how i get on with it before having a go with Project Reality,Aastii swears by it so if both of you have it then it must be good.

Aastii

VIP Member
I have only been playing BF2 for a little while i wll see how i get on with it before having a go with Project Reality,Aastii swears by it so if both of you have it then it must be good.

BF2 is amazing. You given flying a go yet russ, without some practice it can be tricky :p

I do love Project Reality a lot, but it is much more difficult and much deeper than BF2 is. With BF2, you can pick up a gun, join a squad and go. With Project Reality, it is very unforgiving because of it being more realistic. You stick your head out when you shouldn't, you will die, you don't follow orders, you will die, you don't communicate with the rest of your squad and team, you will die, you treat the game as your every day FPS, rather than playing an objective based team game, you will lose and you will die.

There is also a lot more to do, there are a lot more kits, there are buildings, you have dedicated transport, you have dedicated tank squads, that are there for support and to assist main assaults, generally not to go off on their own, you have certain assets that you have to learn to use.

Take mortars for instance, first you need resource crates to build the mortar. To do that, you need an officer in your squad that knows how to use the radio . Once he has placed it, you need to build it. Those 2 parts are easy, it is just getting the radio out, left clicking, holding t, picking your asset whilst facing where you want it and it will appear, then get a kit with an entrenching tool, hold LMB til you stop building and it is done.

To actually use the mortars though, you need to work out the direction you need to face in degrees, then you need to know the distance you are from the target and the elevation of the target, and then from that you will work out the angle you need to fire at. You get it set up correctly, pick your direction, set it to the right angle, then pick the correct round and fire until you get another fire order or until you are out of ammo.

It is a steep learning curve, but so, so much fun

russb

I think i will give PR a miss until i get the hang of the game,still great fun to play.

Dystopia

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Is BRILLIANT. Much better than CoD in my opinion xD.
You can add me on your friends list if you want (roridude). Always looking for peeps to play with :)

I am hoping they add some sort of friends grouping to the game though and some dedicated servers in Battlefield 3 which is coming out around the same time as Skyrim i do believe. Can't wait!

Your avatar is very disturbing.

SuperDuperMe

have you tried it with 108 bots on singleplayer, thats quite cool, especially when you just mow them down in a helicopter

its a shame that you cant get the full sized maps :/

SuperDuperMe

no worries mate, its a lot of fun, beats 16 players any day, plus you get to see what happens when you fly a helicopter into the ground with 20+ unsuspecting enemies underneath :p