Battlefield 3 Thread

JLuchinski

Is anyone who doesn't have a GTX 560 running WHQL drivers? I'm still running the beta, just want to make sure the new ones are fine.

skidude

Is anyone who doesn't have a GTX 560 running WHQL drivers? I'm still running the beta, just want to make sure the new ones are fine.

I have a GTX 570 running 285.62 WHQL and haven't had any problems.

linkin

VIP Member
I'm digging the Type 88 and the SKS. I'm actually playing more recon and support than engie and assault!

JLuchinski

The new drivers are nice and I'm really loving the single player so far, really loving the graphics to, they did an amazing job. But I can't get it to work in 3d. Has anyone else tried? I know it's on because every other game is in 3d except this one.

SuperDuperMe

Do the ati beta drivers actually increase performance in the game?

Im getting bad fps no matter what settings i use, im gettiing around the same with most things on ultra that i am on everything medium.

I play at 1366x768 and my cpu is crappy i know :p

Aastii

VIP Member
Release day rolls around, no game. Thanks Amazon :( they have, however refunded the extra P&P I paid which was supposed to get me it on the day

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Release day rolls around, no game. Thanks Amazon :( they have, however refunded the extra P&P I paid which was supposed to get me it on the day

I originally had my BF3 pre-order with Amazon then I cancelled and pre-ordered with GAME instead, glad I did now.

Phy

After playing with the choppers a bit more I've found that using the WASD and arrow keys is the easiest way to control the flying vehicles. It feels a lot like trying to balance a broom stick, that shoots rockets.

Ankur

Heyy Guys I am going to get my BF3 copy today. .
Can anyone tell me whether we can team chat or only chat in the multiplayer?
I have seen many videos of multiplayer, but haven't seen any chat texts on the screen? How do the player communicate with each other?
Because I think to win a round its all about teamwork in BF3 unlike COD. :)
Battlefield-3-2-1024x640.jpg

SuperDuperMe

Iv seen the same thing from them too, i think its a marketing thing tbh, i mean not everyone has a 1080 monitor for a start (i dont) and not everyone is really going to be bothered that they occasionally dip below 60fps.

That said im sure it is amazing seeing no drops in fps with dual gtx 580 but hardly worth the £300-£400 price tag imo

ScottALot

Absolutely loving BF3! Awesome campaign, awesome multiplayer. Will most certainly keep me busy until Skyrim ;P

Same thing here.

Anyone want to add me on Origin? My username is ScottALot. I have more fun being a support player (when playing larger games), so I'm a valuable guy to have. I love playing Engineer and fixing up a helicopter while in mid-air. On smaller games, I'll play Recon, which I'm pretty good at. I need some tips, though.. I kinda suck when it comes to actually killing people and playing the objective directly.

SuperDuperMe

Do we not have a platoon for computer forum? Enough of the members are on it :p

If any one wants a game sometime origin name is same as forum name, mikeb2817

russb

ScottALot,i have sent you a friends request got to tell have not played it properly yet so you might have to help me out with the game mate.Also sent you mikeb2817 one as well.

SuperDuperMe

nice one russ will accept in a mo :D

Slight spoiler in white below, only read if your really nosey or have completed the game :p It doesnt give too much away but it does give a hint :p

On another note, iv just seen the funniest glitch ever, the last fight the guy wasnt there haha, it was like a scene off fight club where hes fighting himself, throwing himself about and smashing a brick into the floor

I must say i thoroughly enjoyed the campaign, although extremely short it was really good.

couldnt get much story though as the cutscenes kept sticking and stuttering :/

EDIT: not got it russ :/