Battlefield 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Computer Games and Consoles' started by Machin3, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Ankur

Ankur Active Member

Depends if you like new maps, Premium includes all the maps that will be released, don't know maps after Armored kill, but you won't have to buy any maps if you buy premium, it includes everything, also the best thing is priority queue and double XP weeks, it includes B2K also.

2. wolfeking

wolfeking banned

well I just want some more worlds. I am getting kind of bored with the standard ones, Ive played them too much. But I don't have enough for premium. :'( Might just go for the kit shortcuts and beg mum for $10 to have enough for premium too.

3. claptonman

claptonman New Member

I think its worth it. 20 new maps, tons of new guns, vehicles, assignments, play modes. The close quarters one is not that great, though. Basically makes the game CoD, but still fun when you dont wanna run across a huge map. Plus you can rack up a ton of points in one game.

4. wolfeking

wolfeking banned

okay. What Im gunna do is get the kit shortcut for engineer and get premium soon. Still waiting for mum to get home so I can ask ger for the extra $10.

5. just a noob

just a noob Well-Known Member

hackers! hackers everywhere!

6. jonnyp11

jonnyp11 New Member

god, still aint got this on my pc and never touch it on xbox, never touch xbox really.

7. wolfeking

wolfeking banned

its a good game jonny. you really should get it on the PC.

8. jonnyp11

jonnyp11 New Member

i know but i still need money and don't want to spend 60 on a pc game, still need an hdd and wanting to save up 3-400 and sell this for about what i paid and upgrade to an intel or fx or whatever's the best deal, better case, better gpu, and new monitor and desk. or more likely save to pay for vehicle related crap i'll prob be stuck with cuz parents will say i have money now after doing builds and they can't afford it, so many things to spend it on but i don't even have much, i hate money and stuff, why couldn't i be satisfied with my xbox, ignorance was bliss, inexpensive but still fun bliss.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  9. wolfeking

wolfeking banned

really what you have should play it fine. And I know its expensive, but what isn't these days?

10. jonnyp11

jonnyp11 New Member

i know but i just want more power :cool: nobody can convince me to pay 60 or 50 or whatever for a game i have on the xbox so i can want to buy premium and end up out of like 90 bucks

11. Shane

Shane Super Moderator Staff Member

Been playing as Sniper more recently,as its one of the classes i have not unlocked a lot for.

Loving the L96. :)

12. Ankur

Ankur Active Member

Yea the L96 is very good to play with, I am still not good enough with snipers as I have 0 Stars :p

13. just a noob

just a noob Well-Known Member

I've been abusing the m98 lately, got digital camo on my l96 so i pretty much dropped it :p

14. Shane

I find all the other sniper rifles not so easy to use at a distance.:cool:

Anyone hate how ugly the trees are up here?..i know they left them like this for a reason but omg,If you walk around them they are square and follow you as you move. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. linkin

linkin VIP Member

16. Aastii

Aastii VIP Member

I played again last night after another of my long hiatus' that I take from it and every time always am in awe of just how damn amazing the game is!!

Right now I am loving the LMG's, especially on Rush. Holding down with a bipod and tearing through everything that comes my way whilst my team watch the flanks :D

17. Ankur

Ankur Active Member

I am having some issue piloting the chopper, I am good flying the chopper but when I use the mouse to attack then I lose power and chopper starts going down, I am having trouble coordinating between the attack and powering the chopper, any help??

Also, my platoon SWAT is recruiting http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241400653187/

18. Shane

New Game Patch!

Seems like one almighty patch,Glad they have done this...

They were useless before.

Brilliant,The choppers were to hard to successfully lock on and take down imo...this should fix that issue.

Just shows they do listen to our feedback.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  19. Ankur

Ankur Active Member

I recently downloaded a 2.2 GB patch, am I done with downloading or will it download Armored kill on 11th?
    Origin did not have a pause button while downloading, so I am afraid how downloading will go when I want to turn off my PC.

I have been practicing IFVs last 2 weeks, just preparing for armored kill, I seriously did not like the removal of Gunner flares from Choppers, considering jets are so fast and do not need dual flares/ECM, Choppers after the patch have to hide behind buildings, they are getting owned by Engineers, AA, jets, not only that they have to beware of enemy choppers too.
    I am not really a chopper guy but, I do see the stability between air and ground has gone or reduced.

20. jonnyp11

jonnyp11 New Member

should be able to click the download progress bar at the bottom of origin and have a pause option.

God i still want this for pc, started playing again on 360 and the 720p resolution and no anti-aliasing kills the game graphically when on a 40"