Battlefield 3 Thread

Machin3

battlefield3banner1.jpg

|Welcome to the Official Battlefield 3 thread!|
Beta Release: 9/29/2011
Real Release: 10/25/2011

This thread will focus on all discussion of Battlefield 3, comments, wants, and features. I will keep this thread up-to-date as much as possible. I have posted a complete list of features that will be found in game. Got a couple of trailers down below. Should be great so Enjoy!

BF3WeaponsList.jpg

BF3OthersList.png

[YT]NDDfPxF3EFE[/YT][YT]9UwOrl036_A[/YT]
[YT]XhBjBy5OOFY[/YT][YT]FEiyQCscbMo[/YT]

Here's a List of In-Game features:
Epic scale vehicle and infantry warfare
Infantry only close quarters warfare
Destructible environment
Squad based team play
Huge persistent soldier carrier
Customisable soldiers and kits
Customisable vehicles
Fully customisable weapons
Soldier specializations
Supported shooting
Suppressive fire
Quick reloads
Multiple firing modes
Reviving team mates (with opt out option)
Vehicles with regenerating health
Infantry only game setting
Hardcore game setting
Assist scoring for successful teamplay​

Sources:
Gamingbolt
Wiki

Last edited:

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Oh boy I might have to upgrade my graphics card next Christmas for this game. I've been waiting (im)patiently ever since the heydays of BF2 for the next installment!

linkin

VIP Member
Oh hell yeah. I pre-ordered a game that shall not be named, and got a BF3 Beta access as a throw in... I hope the Beta will be announced soon.

JLuchinski

What game did you buy for that key? Can you PM me? I haven't looked forward this much to a game in a long time.

russb

Me too i got that as well.I never got a key only they said they would send me the beta.

Twist86

I hope this isn't as crappy (offline) as Bad Company was. I also hope they don't spend more time over hyping the game only to lead into another COD type title. I am starting to lose faith in game companies ~_~

JLuchinski

Thanks, I was thinking of getting that game as well. I wonder if I would still get it if I bought it from steam? NM, I just looked it up on steam and I will get a key. Sweet.

Dropkickmurphys

I am really looking forward to this game. But it's really gonna have to do something special to differentiate itself from BC2 and Call Of Duty etc...

So far all I can see that is going to be different is larger maps and more vehicles...

Twist86

@Drop
Well if they stick to the actual game it SHOULD easily be different. One thing I loved about BF2 is it forced people to listen to squad and work as a team. COD/BC2 you just run around like a retard and nade spam. COD would have more love if they limited the nade perks etc and allowed for 2-3 times larger maps. Lets not forget to fix the horrible spawn points too :p

I miss games likes Delta Force which online really required you to listen and work as a team (not counting the rank servers packed full of new players and cheaters)

ellanky

I just hope they get rid of the customization of kits. The specializations are more annoying in particular. Everyone chooses magnum ammo, in my opinion, making things a bit unbalanced. Some are useful like the medic ones for longer range/faster hearling, but everyone just cares about the kills.

Basically have it like BF2, more classes but kits are pre set and the only perk people get is more armor for the assault, support, and anti-tank kits.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I am really looking forward to this game. But it's really gonna have to do something special to differentiate itself from BC2 and Call Of Duty etc...

So far all I can see that is going to be different is larger maps and more vehicles...

It's not that hard to differentiate itself from BC2 and COD, just stick with the original battlefield formula. Large non-linear maps, squad + commander system and 64 players.

moshi08

quick question. are there any other fps that have up to 64 (or more if possible) players on a server, besides battlefield?

Aastii

VIP Member
Virtually every game can. You will need a dedi server to do it, however any can, you just change the server files so playercount is 64.

Some games can have even more, if you ever played project reality, 128 servers aren't uncommon, and there is the possibility to go as high as 512

Dropkickmurphys

Some games can have even more, if you ever played project reality, 128 servers aren't uncommon, and there is the possibility to go as high as 512

I always wanted to play Project Reality, but have never got around to it. It sounds awesome :) lol..

It's not that hard to differentiate itself from BC2 and COD, just stick with the original battlefield formula. Large non-linear maps, squad + commander system and 64 players.

I played BC2 a lot and found that it was much better when you worked within your Squad. I hope that BF3 will go up and beyond that :)... I never really got into BF2, only really started playing the Battlefield series a lot with BC2 lol :)