Been Practicing Photography

TheOnlyChaz

Hey guys! if you've noticed, im new here. But Does anyone have any tips for photography, ive been practicing alot recently So any pointers will help!

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
We don't know anything on your background. You haven't posted any pics. Can't really give any advice if we don't know anything.

ssal

I am not sure this is the place for photography in term of images (I think that's what you were asking help for).
My understanding is that this is more for the hardware (cameras, accessories, etc.) instead of the artistry.

Punk

Staff member
I am not sure this is the place for photography in term of images (I think that's what you were asking help for).
My understanding is that this is more for the hardware (cameras, accessories, etc.) instead of the artistry.
What are you talking about? The thread with the most activity here is Post your photography. We used to have a photo tournament too.

spirit

Staff member
We talk about both here but actually this forum's photography section is more about showcasing your own work than it is discussing cameras. We don't have many people asking what camera gear to buy here and we don't have many discussion threads about new camera hardware that is coming out.

ssal

Maybe I am late to the game. But there doesn't seem any lively participation or discussion about photography here lately. I counted about a handful of threads this year.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Maybe I am late to the game. But there doesn't seem any lively participation or discussion about photography here lately. I counted about a handful of threads this year.
Because the post your pics thread is the only one that really gets attention these days.

ssal

Most of the photography forums/sites are at a fraction of their haydays 7 or 8 years back. iPhone had taken over the novice market. Those are the ones who tend to ask questions and post their work.

Personally, I don't like posting my pictures without engaging others to a discussion.

For other computer questions, I find this forum pretty helpful. But I have to say, Google search gives me a lot of the answers too.