Before I shell out $180...

Sykos

Currently, I'm using an old ViewSonic VE710b analog monitor. It's connected to my brand new Nvidia GeForce 550 Ti. While gaming, despite being told I have a high fps, it seems unreasonably low. For instance, in Minecraft, I typically play on far render distance and with a 128x texturepack. This used to be fine for me, nothing appeared to be wrong, but in the last week or so, I can't do that anymore. When I do, it says I have around 50 fps, but it appears like I have ten. Before I buy a new monitor, I want to make sure nothing is wrong with the computer I built a month ago. Any ideas? Thanks

iameatingjam

Is there any way you could get ahold of another monitor to test with before you buy one? Maybe your monitors refresh rate is set low?

jonnyp11

If they were updated within the past few weeks then you may want to uninstall reinstall some older ones

Sykos

Nope. I installed different drivers several times, but they don't work. I'm going to re-install the current drivers with custom options next. Also, I've had this desktop for about a month and a half and not cleaned it yet. Could it be a problem with dust?
EDIT: I've also noticed that a program/service called ServiceHost is using all of my disk(I'm not sure what this means) at times, and I'm wondering if that has any effect on my computer.

Last edited: