Beryl

Motoxrdude

Umm, its installed by default. Go to System>>Applications>>Appearance and look in there, i cant remember the exact tab it is in, but i think its called advanced. Then you can do the whole cube thing with alt+ctrl.

BluePlum

banned
k ill give it a shot, O dam a proper graphics card...... would that mean a graphics card that could run wow on all settings the lowest? mine can do that! but everything is blue and i cant c were im going :D

BluePlum

banned
Thats exactly the same as scroling with the mouse u have multible destops but i wanna c it as cube wait let me rephrase that, I WANT BERYL.

Im fully noob can someone help me i have a latitude d600 i dont no how to see what graphics card i have because im noob so could somebody please take 5 minutes and help me i've got a headache now :()

patrickv

ok blueplum did you actually go into SYNAPTIC and INSTALL BERYL & it's OTHER COMPONENT ?
if not do that now.
i've already explained in one of kornowski's thread, somehow you people overlook it when the answer is so simple..geez
Cube is Beryl , cube does not come with desktop effects, desktop effects are only for windows dragging ,minimizing or maximizing

Motoxrdude

ok blueplum did you actually go into SYNAPTIC and INSTALL BERYL & it's OTHER COMPONENT ?
if not do that now.
i've already explained in one of kornowski's thread, somehow you people overlook it when the answer is so simple..geez
Cube is Beryl , cube does not come with desktop effects, desktop effects are only for windows dragging ,minimizing or maximizing

Dont use beryl! Ignore this post as beryl is outdated, use compiz fusion.

Run in the terminal
Code:
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

Now go back to System>>Preference>>Appearance and there will be a new option available to adjust "advance" settings, click that and there will be numorous plugins you can use, including the cube.

patrickv

Dont use beryl! Ignore this post as beryl is outdated, use compiz fusion.

Run in the terminal
Code:
sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

Now go back to System>>Preference>>Appearance and there will be a new option available to adjust "advance" settings, click that and there will be numorous plugins you can use, including the cube.

you are right but DUH i use beryl, and DUH it works and DUH it's stable.
ok forget the DUH's above, if you have a decent video card beryl works :rolleyes:

Motoxrdude

you are right but DUH i use beryl, and DUH it works and DUH it's stable.
ok forget the DUH's above, if you have a decent video card beryl works :rolleyes:

i have no idea wtf you mean but i take it as some sort of insult? beryl and compiz but are both composite managers, ie they run betweek the xserver and window manager and uses opengl to create a composite images. So if beryl works, so will compiz as they are both basicly the same thing, but compiz fusion has a lot more plugins and eyecandy.

EDIT: Ok, i found some screenshots to help you. After installing compiz fusion as i shown above, go to System>>Preference>>Appearance>>Visual Effects>>Custom Effects
1956756685_3b7fa025b1.jpg

Then enable desktop cube:
1956524083_8eba847dde.jpg

Last edited:

patrickv

wow, sorry mate didn't a simple word as duh was so offensive, my apologies.
anyways yeah beryl is Compiz-Fusion merge,just thought i'd say beryl still works (even as an outdated software)

BluePlum

banned
andrew@Andrew:~$ sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager
[sudo] password for andrew:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package compizconfig-settings-manager

is the message i get when i enter that code u gave me sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager

BluePlum

banned
Yes i did do extra

ALso when i typed in that code you said at the bot of page one it said some stuff then the last thing it said was E; culdn't find package compizconfig-settings-manager

BluePlum

banned
if not do that now.

No i didnt install beryl or compiz.. how do i do that?.

spanky

andrew@Andrew:~$ sudo apt-get install compiz
[sudo] password for andrew:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
compiz is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
andrew@Andrew:~$ cmss
bash: cmss: command not found
andrew@Andrew:~$

then i when into aperance still no custom i also enterd that code ccms and it said Could not open location 'file:///cmss :( any1 help me, im sad now. very sad lol

Compiz Fusion - Unbuntu, Lunix or Beryl?