Best 6800GT card? THERE ARE SO MANY MY BRAIN IS BUSTING!

Gatecrasher

there are so many company’s out there that are making there own versions of video cards. company’s like Ledteck, MSI, BFG, Sapphire.....i could go on forever. but what i don’t know is what company makes the best version of the 6800GT or any 6800 for that matter... i have been told that eVGA makes the best. i have also been told that there is not much of a difference at all......
i have also seen the that asus has made their own card "thegamer"

anyways, what do you think the best 6800GT is?, also what one should i load my money into?

Gatecrasher

i will fix that later.....
what i meant to say about asus is that they took a 6800, GT, and called it thegamer
and it has been overclocked from a normal 6800 and GT, is that card living up to what it claims?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. It doesnt matter what brand you buy -- if you are going after a specific brand then odds are you have verys specific things in mind -- othrrwise just get soemthing and be done with it

2. ASUS doesnt make a GT

Gatecrasher

ya i know they make thegamer 256mb and that’s what most people consider to be close to the GT
is thegamer 256mb a good card to go for?, because i have also seen that one for a cheap(er) price. but i also have my eye on the eVGA
and does nVidea even make their own cards anymore? because i have not seen an OEM 6800

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
ya i know they make thegamer 256mb and that’s what most people consider to be close to the GT
If most people think that then most people dont know how to read numbers.
12 pipes
325/700
6800GT
16 pipes
350/1100
The amount of memory on the board doesnt make it anything so obviously the performance choice would be the BFG. The only reason that ASUS says they are 25% faster is because they run the memory at 1Ghz as opposed to 700Mhz

Gatecrasher

i see, i am also reading that the eVGN is also the own that is running the highest on the benchmark tests. so i guess i will go for the eVGN and the BGF and whatever 6800GT from those companies i can find the cheapest then they will have my biz

Praetor if your still looking for a good place to find a good card then use computers-canada.com, they have a good list of all the Canadian stores and i have seen a BFG 6800GT for $520

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Got me the 6800GT (actually got 3 of them and 2 Ultras too) .... nailed them at 495 for the GTs and significantly more for the ultras :)

vanp1992

you should save up $200 more dollars Which should be $600. To buy the ultra youll be glad you did. The cheapest ultra is $407 Which is from XFX (XfX ) But i Recommend Asus Which the cheapest is about $554 (Asus 6800 ) These are all Retails, and i didnt add the tax and the shipping to it (should be about $20 Tax and Shipping together or cheaper)

Gatecrasher

where did you get the GT for $495? i have been looking for weeks and i have not seen it that cheep
and vanp those sites are in the US, therefore paying the taxes to bring them into canada are crazy high and would totally rise the price of the cards. it almost makes them 2x has high in price.

Grimulus

Gatecrasher said:
where did you get the GT for $495? i have been looking for weeks and i have not seen it that cheep
and vanp those sites are in the US, therefore paying the taxes to bring them into canada are crazy high and would totally rise the price of the cards. it almost makes them 2x has high in price.

i got my GT for 415$ US.

from gameve. i generally have had nothing but problems from them but I think bananapc.com which is a good place to order from has them pretty cheap.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
me said:
2. ASUS doesnt make a GT
They do now. And they fukt it up. Big time.

ASUS 6800
Chip: 6800
Core: 350
Mem: 1100
RAM: 256MB

ASUS 6800GT
Chip: 6800GT
Core: 350
Mem: 1100
RAM: 128MB

So you are getting an additional 4 pipes... for much more money.,... and less memory ... wierd

where did you get the GT for $495? I have been looking for weeks and I have not seen it that cheep
I buy in bulk :)

Gatecrasher

there are so many pc stores in my town but non sell any kind of 6800 :mad:
they only sell the x800

the computer store monarchcomputers.com sells the 6800GT and ultra for so cheep im craping myself, but again its in the US and the taxes to bring it into canada would almost 2x the price. :mad: :mad:
i guess i will just need to keep looking
what about ebay?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
My Evga 6800GT costed me $616. smuck a roos!! expensive freaking card I ordered it in a local computer store (Mega Computers) here in London Ontario and yes I did shop around.

Grimulus

yeah...listen kids, the internet is probably your best bet for pricing...generally stores really suck because they are to much over priced...way over prices...eeewwww...

let pricewatch.com be your godsend...

i still like leadtek...:p