Best 6800GT card? THERE ARE SO MANY MY BRAIN IS BUSTING!

Gatecrasher

the problem (for the Canadians here) with pricewatch is that it only covers US stores
so its no good for me. if i did live in the US i would use monarchcomputers.com. their prices are super cheep on the 6800.
or i would just run over to bestbuy and grab one for cheep too.
i have two bestbuys in my town but none (in canada i think) sell any kind of 6800.....BLAST!
can anyone think of a pricewatch but for canada?

Gatecrasher

ajump (canada) does not sell the 6800 and ncix is way to much $$$
but i guess i need to spend a bit more for better service....
because i could get it from canada computers and its cheep. but every candian knows canada computers are the biggest snakes in the world....

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i got my GT for 415$ US.
Yeah but what I said was $495CAD

and if you ever buy in bulk sing me up for one
Drop by UW and we'll chat if you'd like.

ya I have seen on some sites that the ausu GT has 256mb...........maybe they should do their homework
They are SUPPOSED to. ASUS fukt up by shipping it with 128MB and not OCing it.

listen kids
Kids? :p

generally stores really suck because they are to much over priced
Tell that to the store I bought from! :p (point taken however I still dissagree in general, you just have to do your research ... ive not bought anything other than the occasional fan online )

the problem (for the Canadians here) with pricewatch is that it only covers US stores
Well if you're ever in the vacinity of Waterloo......

I know NCIX is canadian and i'm fairly sure ajump is as well. they are both solid to order from
NCIX is nice (no tax) but they dont carry much in that spectrum :)

why is there two different kinds of 6800GT?
Becayse they felt like it. And they know highschool kids will jump for the bling bling card.... lol silly kids :p

Gatecrasher

NCIX IS NO TAX?!
are you saying the taxes are already added to what the prices are listed? because if so then KICK ASS!

U of W eh? im not to far away from there. the company i work for sells to UW. do you know the ink company MSE?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I dont friggen know .... look up the the interprovince tax laws. I never buy anything online anymore... too expensive. As for MSE ... ive head of but not familiar with it.

Gatecrasher

no no ncix does not have the tax added to the prices on their web site. but that’s ok, i have found a place that is much cheaper anyways

Praetor, you are just knocking everyone’s questions out dude

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
no no ncix does not have the tax added to the prices on their web site. but that’s ok, I have found a place that is much cheaper anyways
I meant PST.

Praetor, you are just knocking everyone’s questions out dude
Ya well... what are you gonna do about it? :p

compfreak

banned
the best geforce 6800gt wouold have to be the bfg overclocked 256mb version its completely mind blowing A big advantage of the BFG 6800 GT OC is that it is overclocked out of the box pitting it almost squarely in between the stock GT and stock Ultras that most other manufacturers will produce with the Ultra having under a 10% clockspeed advantage. Memory is on par as well with the Ultra sporting about a 10% advantage in raw memory bandwidth. Something that should be noted is that memory bandwidth has not increased at the same rate as the processing power.

Gatecrasher

yaa im going to go for the bfg, i have been doing alot of reading and it seems to be the best one out there.
...........also its the one i can find the cheapest

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
the best geforce 6800gt wouold have to be the bfg overclocked 256mb version its completely mind blowing A big advantage of the BFG 6800 GT OC is that it is overclocked out of the box pitting it almost squarely in between the stock GT and stock Ultras that most other manufacturers will produce with the Ultra having under a 10% clockspeed advantage
If you read the box its like a 20MHz OC. Whoopie. You wont get more than one or two fps differrence on that :)

Memory is on par as well with the Ultra sporting about a 10% advantage in raw memory bandwidth.
NO IT DOESNT. The BFG 6800GTOC runs a 1GHz mem clock -- just like all the other 6800GTS. The 6800Us run 1.1Ghz.

Something that should be noted is that memory bandwidth has not increased at the same rate as the processing power.
Thats because all the cards use a 256bit addressing size (with the exception of the 6800).

Heres the info page if you want to look at it: http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GTOC.html