Best and easiest way to get rid of spyware..

Discussion in 'Desktop Computers' started by woahwoah420, Aug 18, 2004.

1. woahwoah420

woahwoah420 New Member

i have trend micro PC cillin 2004, detected spyware and cannot remove it. Can somebody please assist.

2. Timbo

Timbo New Member

Try Ad-Aware and Spybot Search and Destroy

3. Joefox

Joefox New Member

Run Spybot Search and Destroy and Adaware. Then post a HijackThis log in on a respective forum. Spyware is my specialty, feel free to send me a .log over IM anytime. :eek:

4. nomav6

nomav6 New Member

you could also try CWShredder

5. Joefox

Joefox New Member

Yes, CWShredder by Merijn will essentially be found on the same page you will find Hijackthis.exe. I suggest downloading and running both. Run CWShredder first, and when you run Hijackthis.exe, make a new folder and stick it in it. It needs to be ran in it's own folder. Make a log and then post it on a forum that deals with hijackthis logs. If all else fails I am around too.~

6. woahwoah420

woahwoah420 New Member

thx guys.. i have spy bot but not adaware.. spybot finds DOS entries and always 5 of them, everyime i say "fix problems" it will fix them all, but if scanned again the same problem occurs immediately. my homepage is highjacked and i cant change it to anything. how do i send a highjackers report?

7. kb1ghc

kb1ghc New Member

Spybot Search & Destroy: http://www.safer-networking.org/
    100% FREE. Works great! also has a memory scan, to make sure no spyware/malware/adware trys to launch anything